
see more Lolcats and funny pictures
The video has nothing to do with anything really. It just made me happy and I wanted to share.
Which is really what this last Thursday Thirteen is going to be about - things that made me happy recently.....
1. My furnace is working properly at the moment. It has an intermittent issue where it won't kick back on as it should....so I'll come home to a very cold house and need to flip the switch. And its hard to fix a problem unless it happens while the repair guy is here...so I'm glad it decided to behave itself, at least for a while.
2. I heart my new Droid phone.....yesterday when I had to wait at the inspection station and again at my hairdressers, I was entertained reading blogs/email and playing Mousehunt on Facebook.
3. My car passed its biannual emissions inspection. I know, why wouldn't it - I keep it in good repair, but I suffer from test anxiety.
4. I have managed to track my food intake and exercise for three days...finally found a website that works well for me - and it even has a phone app that syncs - so there is no excuse for me not writing down what's going in my mouth. I was fat this time last year and I gained another 10 lbs since- so I really need to focus on this issue the same way I did on my quitting smoking (longterm, not quick fix)
5. My furkids all are happy and reasonably healthy - even the lumpy Pumpkin remains status quo at the moment.
6. I gave my old hottub to my son - and it appears he's managed to fix the leak and is looking forward to some nice warm soaks under the stars as soon as it finishes heating up.
7. The stores aren't crowded anymore....I can actually buy things without getting pushed and shoved by other people.
8. My hairdresser left for Vietnam today...I had thought she was leaving Saturday - but fortunately I went to see her and get my hair trimmed last night.
9. Streaming Netflix is very cool. There's even exercise videos available - I found a 10 minute dance aerobics one that I'm going to try to do every night when I get home just to make myself move a bit before I start with the couch potato thing.
10. Another part of having Netflix is that I get to watch TV shows that were on premium channels I didn't have.....I am really enjoying Dexter. It's not the crimesolving or the irony of him being a murderer, its the way that he doesn't really "get" normal people. Sometimes I don't either ;).
11. I'm excited about going to Arizona in just a couple of weeks. I've only seen the Grand Canyon once on a day trip from Vegas, and then there's the meteor crater and some indian ruins (you know how I am about ruins)....not to mention I get to roadtrip with Amy. I am happy travelling alone - but it does add a lot to have someone else around to share the experience.
12. I've made a friend that actually lives in the area......and bless her heart, she wants me to meet some of her friends as well. I'm thrilled by the positive reinforcement that I'm interesting and fun enough to share with others (I might not show it online, but I truly am an insecure wreck - and I admire the hell out of the outgoing folks).
13. Finally, I am thrilled that the big Northeast blizzard spared my part of the country.....I really do think we got more than our share of snow last year and am perfectly content to see bare ground for the next few months.
So, what's made you happy?
No comments:
Post a Comment