Tuesday, December 21, 2010

December 21 - The greeting cards have not been sent...

the gifts remain unwrapped....And rather than correct these things, I crawled in bed and napped.


Seems I'm fighting a cold this week - and today it got the better of me, so I left work early and stayed home from bowling.  I started to feel a bit better so I thought I'd get a start on wrapping gifts (the cards will have to wait till next Christmas, I'm afraid).....but it turns out that my decision to quit overbuying things meant that I don't have enough wrapping paper to finish - so a shopping trip is in order tomorrow, sigh...I was hoping I could avoid the madness until the after Christmas sales.

As an aside - I know that politics is a sensitive topic so I generally avoid mentioning it......but in the midst of all the legislation being passed by Congress lately is a gift for all of us who pay into the US Social Security system....a 2% cut in payroll taxes which equates to 2% more takehome pay starting in January.

So congratulations to all of you who will be getting to keep a bit more of your wages next year...






No comments:

Post a Comment