Thursday, December 16, 2010

December 16th - Is that all there is?


I didn't get home till it was too dark to take pictures, so I grabbed this shot to show you the actual accumulation of white stuff that closed schools early - caused traffic to be more horrendous than usual - and caused half of my office to declare it necessary for them to cut their workday short.

It also meant that although there were few customers at Ross - there were also few cashiers - one to be exact as the rest had called off.  Poor guy.  His manager must have had some sort of hand disorder as she wasn't able to do anything but stand around bemoaning the lack of help.

However, I did manage to get the last gift I needed and some dead sea minerals body butter.  For those who are thinking "huh" - body butter is a thicker version of body lotion - think Crisco with a nicer scent. I get really, really dry skin in the winter - and it's the only thing that keeps me comfortable. I picked this particular brand because the label says 80% natural - and I liked that they were honest :).

The heating system managed to stay running properly for the entire day....and when I realized that I had forgotten to un-override the automatic thermostat this morning before I headed out to work - I tried the advertised "online thermostat control" to turn down the heat.....and it actually worked.

Speaking of work, its relatively slow this week which I'm finding boring...so I'm spending way too much time online shopping.  Tonight I had a "cart" full of polar fleece from Kohls because it was such a great sale - even though I'd just bought 50 bucks worth in store yesterday.  Fortunately, I came to my senses - how much stuff can one person wear - there are starving people in thirdworld countries - and in five months I'll be putting the fleece away for the summer  anyhow.

But I did splurge a bit.....I went ahead and ordered a droid smartphone that will run non-contract on Virgin Mobile, which is the carrier I use now. It can be a pain to lug my laptop when I travel and although I do check Facebook and my personal email at work, I think it would be wiser if I did it through my phone instead......so I'm looking forward to being able to take advantage of all these apps.

OK - so although my shopping is complete, nothing is wrapped and that's something I need to get started on - at least the for work gifts as some folks ae on vacation next week.

Happy almost Friday to most of you, keeping in mind that Europe, Asia, and Australia are there already.

No comments:

Post a Comment