Saturday, December 4, 2010
12/4 - Caturday
In honor of all my friends with the white stuff.......please keep it to yourselves.
It is COLD here - cold as in 36 degrees out back - a far cry from just a week ago...and perhaps that's why I'm so chilly - because there was no gradual change in the weather it just jumped from ahhhhhhh to arghhhhhhhhh.
Last night I got to catch up with my friend Steph at the winetasting and I had a great time. I could go on and on about how interesting she is and what a great attitude she has and how she has that way of making whoever she is talking to feel important...oops I guess I did. And athough we've known each other casually online for years (and met once a long time ago) - it took a third friend from several states away to get us in the same place at the same time. I guess I could consider it a present from Santa to bring me a friend that I can visit without having to cross times zones :).
But what I really wanted to blog today was my watch. I wear a two tone Citizen water resistant watch that I bought from Montgomery Ward in 1999 to replace a Seiko that I had been given as a gift by an ex boyfriend back in 1984 that I lost :(.
I loved that Seiko - not just because it was given to me by someone I adored....but because it suited me so well.....and became like a part of my arm - I never went anywhere without it. And when I finally had to buy a new watch - it looked as much like the old one as possible - in fact, the only reason it wasn't a Seiko is because this was a bit less expensive and I didn't have much extra money to spend back then.
Now I just looked back through my Multiply blogs and it seems that I had the watch in for a new battery in June.....that's when the jeweler discovered that the day/date option didn't work and it was something he couldn't fix. Didn't really matter to me because its been a long time since I could read that tiny little print anyhow.
So it does seem like the poor things days are numbered - but I think after all the time we've spent together I'll stick with it until it gives up entirely.
Which actually is what the watch guy in the mall is doing....there are few big stores left and the place is crumbling. Literally crumbling - they've had to close a couple of parking areas because the elevated deck collapsed. He stays because he doesn't know where else he would go.
And that makes me think of those old people who refuse to move no matter how their neighorhood and their homes deteriorate because it's their home and they just can't deal with the angst of change.
So what do you think: Am I practical to keep this watch till it quits completely - or am I just afraid of change?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment