I actually blogged yesterday but went to doublecheck a link and once again managed to delete the entire thing.
So I have vowed to write everything in word and then cut and paste. It won't feel so spontaneous, but at least I'll manage to get something posted a bit more often.
Although different day, same sh#t at Chez Em.
Its HOT HOT HOT - in fact, I just heard CBS news announce that Baltimore broke their temperature record today as the thermometer hit 100. Not a big deal really, because they broke yesterday's record when they hit 99.
Almost 7 pm and this is what I'm looking at.....
I wondered if perhaps the largest solar flare ever recorded had something to do with the weather, but the experts say no.
However, they did mention that there could be some signal interference here on Earth - and oddly enough, all of the traffic signals in town were out when I left work. And I don't mean blinking - I mean nada, nothing, blank.....it was like the opening pages of a Stephen King novel.
(not mine but not too far off of the clusterf#ck that was Rte 1)
And apparently only 10% of the local population knows the proper procedure when approaching a non-functional traffic signal.....which meant that the other 90% were either honking at or trying to hit the courteous drivers.
It really is miserably hot for so early in the season - I find it amazing that I ever managed to live without airconditioning, and yet we didn't even have window units when I was a little girl - and I didn't have air conditioning in my car until my 1986 Dodge Daytona (not mine - just a lookalike)
(damn I loved that car).
So what do you think - is it hotter now than it used to be or have I just become a wimp?
Oh, and as for the lead picture - that's the Shopaholic Angel...available here.
I am afraid that I've been a bit of a shopaholic....I would blame it on the heat, because where else to go when its miserably hot but a nice, cool mall?
But I can't use that excuse because it's been all online shopping :).
To my credit, I really did need a new camera - I still love my Canon A590, but the optical viewfinder has clouded up and I really wanted more than a 4X zoom. So I picked up the Panasonic DMC-ZS6 from Woot for 144.99. Of course, they ship by mule so I'm sure it will be another week before I see the thing....but still, I'm looking forward to a new toy.

and then I bought a 37 inch LCD TV from Sears.com.
I put that in a very small font hoping that no one who knows me well sees it because that means I will now have 4 flatscreen TVs in the house - and I live alone.Let's hope that my U2 tickets sell on Ebay to cover some of this spendstravaganza.





No comments:
Post a Comment