Thursday, June 16, 2011

6/16 Ain't got no trouble in my life

No foolish dreams to make me cry
I'm never frightened or worried
I know I'll always get by....

That Kiki Dee song from my youth got stuck in my head as I sat down to write this blog.....and if you don't know it, I'll put the YouTube video here to help out






I have a great deal of sympathy for those folks suffering from clinical depression.  I'm having a difficult enough time with mood swings - their unpredictability keeps me off balance and I cannot fathom having to live this way for years on end.  Perhaps there was a reason that the female life expectancy 100 years ago was 51.9 years.

OK - that's just too creepy as I am currently  51.65 years old.

See what these damned hormones do?  Of course I am grateful to be alive in this day and age.....please overlook my brief moment of grumpiness.

Quite seriously though - what a difference a day makes.....and I need to do a better job of hanging on to those f#ng awesome moments so that they can carry me through the not so great ones.

What's the saying?  Into each life some rain must fall....and ironically we just had a storm roll through.  I hope it comes back as its been very dry here and we really need more than just a quick downpour to bring everything back to life.

Speaking of back to life - I have gladioli blooming out front.

And because you all know that I like to plant things you are probably thinking - OK they're pretty but what's the big deal?

The big deal is that you are supposed to pull the bulbs each fall because they can't stand our winters.....and I didn't bother to do that last year.....so I am amazed to see them not only back, but more and better than before.

Now, I don't think that's a sign that I should start practicing benign neglect: my furkids wouldn't stand for being ignored,  things around the house are not going to magically fix themselves, and although I've complained that my professor's don't seem to actually review my work at times - I doubt that I'd get good grades if I did nothing.

I take it as a matter of luck, perhaps with a bit of karma sprinkled in. 

In other news, I got my new camera and my new TV in the past couple of days.  I am thrilled to have proper zoom and wideangle capabilities with the new Lumix.......and it's still got an automatic setting where the camera figures out what I'm looking at and sets itself accordingly.  Not perfect, but chances are it's more accurate than I am, lol.

And what can I say about the TV except it feels quite decadent to be watching almost lifesize actors while lying in bed.

I also bought Batcat a harness and leash set.  I have a figure eight sort of leash thing but it was quite a problem to get him hooked in and he was always getting tangled.  This is much more of a dog-like harness and leash - and he likes it.  So much so that we've taken walks around the yard the past couple of nights and he hasn't tried to break free at all.  Instead he seems to appreciate that I go where he wants to go and as he takes gentle direction well, I think by the end of the summer we might be taking hikes up to the park together :)

Last night I was sitting in the hot tub looking up at the moon (we didn't get to see the lunar eclipse here, but it was still quite a lovely night).   It was one of those times when all felt right with the world and I was very certain that I was where I wanted to be.

And although these damned moodswings might cast a shadow over me - the reality beneath remains unchanged.....things are damn good at Chez Em.

I hear that the rain just started up again......another lucky moment for me.

I hope that whatever else might be happening in your lives, you have at least a few lucky moments sprinkled in.











No comments:

Post a Comment