Monday, June 20, 2011

6/20 - Zombie Deer defeated ( I hope)

I get home from work tonight, open the sliding door to the deck and see a deer running off.....so it seems I'm still being stalked by zombie deer.  But not being a gun owner (besides which it isn't deer season), and needing to get to aerobics class....there wasn't anything to be done.


Fast forward a couple of hours and I come back from aerobics to discover zombie deer once again in my yard...but this time I'm prepared.  I sneak into the kitchen and peer out the window and immediately realize that zombie deer is not trying to eat my brains......actually he's after my

squirrel corn feeder....I'd bought it in an attempt to save my birdseed from the marauding fuzzy tailed critters...but it seems that it is mislabeled and is actually zombie deer bait.

Said feeder is now elevated to six feet above the ground....as cool as it is to have deer close to the house I've just finished moving all the struggling, wellnibbled  hosta to a "safe zone" next to the house and so I really can't encourage Bambi.

So it appears that zombie deer was not wanting my brains after all.....but his scent did give Batcat an usually exciting evening walk.

Hope all of you are having a wonderful evening.......

No comments:

Post a Comment