so my little buddy and I are sharing a mojito this evening. This guy was the bribe I needed to join Friends of the National Zoo. Hmmm, Brew at the Zoo sounds like fun.
Sorry about that - I got distracted by the thought of alcohol :). Anyhow - the contribution was tax deductible and for a good cause....I love the idea that so many wonderful places in Washington are free......and don't mind helping to keep them that way.
Which made me worry about those adorable Giant Pandas in this heat.....5:30 pm and it's

Sorry about that - I got distracted by the thought of alcohol :). Anyhow - the contribution was tax deductible and for a good cause....I love the idea that so many wonderful places in Washington are free......and don't mind helping to keep them that way.
Which made me worry about those adorable Giant Pandas in this heat.....5:30 pm and it's
93°F (33°C)
Broken Clouds
while they generally live in temperate rainforests - much more like the Pacific Northwest than the steamy south. However, they have very plush digs here which include not only water-cooled rocks, but air conditioned inside rooms.......a particularly good idea because "Mei Xiang has been busy constructing her nest of bamboo and mulberry branches, adding bamboo shreds almost every night." No guarantee that it's a real pregnancy this time, but if it is, I imagine she's quite hormonal and in the zookeepers best interest to keep her happy.
It seems like this is a crittercentric blog today...I was adding water to my fountain tonight and noticed some small critters in there that remind me of baby guppies. But since fish certainly wouldn't walk across my yard to breed, I'm guessing they are tadpoles. Don't know if they'll make it to frog or toodhood, but I'll make sure to keep the basin full and only use dechlorinated water to give them a chance.
OK - I was going to write some other stuff but my glass is empty and dinner is in the works......They've said we should get storms through tonight to cool things off a bit.....hope they're right.

No comments:
Post a Comment