This is my veterinarian's waiting room......its much nicer than my own doctor's office.....but then again, I spend a 10 dollar copay for a checkup, while it cost me 80 dollars per furkid for an office visit and shots.
Speaking of which, the furkids were overdue for those shots.....and part of the reason was because of my internal debate over switching vets. If you've known me for a while - you might remember the saga of Lumpkin. Bad enough to find a lump - even worse to have the poor guy spend two days in a cage without food or water while waiting for the operation that never happened.
And I did find another vet, who gave me a second opinion that the tumor was really inoperable short of turning Pumpkin into a threelegged cat and there were no guarantees that would work. I liked the vet, and the office, which was old fashioned and comforting (and less expensive).
But when Pumpkin stopped eating last week and I found myself hand feeding him Starkist.....I knew he needed to be checked out, and I was also very afraid this was the end of our lumpy road.
I decided that the problems I'd had with my vet office were all with their surgical practice - not with their veterinary treatment.....and that with furkids that hate to travel - closer was better, so off we went to Rocky Gorge as usual.
Where I found that there's a good chance that Pumpkin is suffering from a treatable respiratory infection rather than some sort of spread of his tumor.....and after just a day of antibiotics, he's not eating great- but a bit better than before.
And the 240 dollars I spent to get the furkids checked out was only half as painful because they'd put a large credit on the account due to my complaint about Pumpkin's missed surgery dates.
Then there was the fun of having Batcat behave well and impress everyone with his charm (and the unusuallness of a cat on a leash). Of course, he fell off the windowsill - but I managed to catch him before anyone noticed his lack of grace.
Then there was the gas station surprise. I had been carrying around what I thought was a ten dollar Exxon gift card....but when I went to use it yesterday - I managed to pump 19.63 worth of fuel in the car before it shut off....so I guess it was worth twice as much as expected.
And finally, I've been bowling pretty well.....shot a 565 last night.
So it has been a whole lot of wonderfuls around Chez Em this week - hope things are going well for you too.....

No comments:
Post a Comment