Sometimes I read back over my posts and I wonder if my friends all think that I live a charmed life because I am an optimist that tends to find the bright side in any situation......and compared to many people that I know, I am damn lucky in everything except love.
Once I stopped worrying about being alone, I discovered that even without a life partner, I'm only as alone as I choose to be...and that there are plenty of people in my life willing and able to be leaned on if I just ask.
Anyhow - I don't think there's any magic involved - just a bit of luck - a lot of doing the best with what I have - and a strong believe that you get back what you put out to the world.
The shallow, envious part of me gets tired of happy stories - on TV I gravitate towards shows about evil like CSI and Criminal Minds rather than Two and a Half Men or Mike and Molly.
So just for today, I thought I'd change things up a bit and spend my Thursday Thirteen bitching...thats IF I can even get to 13.
1. Work sucks....a lot. I know that all I can control is myself, but I really am frustrated by not seeing karma kick some useless butt.
2. Pumpkin - he's eating better, but the reality is that his tumor is growing - he doesn't get around quite as well as he used to - and we've got an appointment Monday which I doubt will be good news in the long term.
3. My basement is flooded - and the prior owner assured me it never got wet and the home inspector didn't note a problem beyond a bit of wall dampness.
4. Its supposed to rain for two more days :(
5. Although I am looking forward to my vacation, I'm second guessing the decision to cruise during spring break - just about everyone I've read on the cruise message boards is younger with kids....will I relate to anyone on board?
6. I'm still fat.
7. My hair isn't looking good - even after having it cut a couple of weeks ago.
8. My skin isn't looking good either
9. Hmmmm - I've run out of complaints........so I guess that's something to be pleased about - that even during a crappy week I can't find 10 things wrong.
So I tell you what - you listened to my whining - why don't you complain a bit to fill up the rest of the list?
I think we'll all feel better after a pity party....
4.

No comments:
Post a Comment