Yep - we had snow this morning - a few inches all told...fortunately it was warm enough that most if it melted before it could start taking down power lines and sending cars spinning. I went to work on time and got a lot accomplished, in part because so many people were taking advantage of liberal leave or working from home.
And its a good thing too because my boss took my dissatisfaction seriously and gave me an assignment to manage a group of major purchases for a rather demanding program. It's going to be challenging because it involves kinds of work I haven't done in quite a while - but its the experience I need to move to another position if I can't get the situation resolved here.
Tonight was the start of the Voice, which my BFF turned me on to, and which is the only show I'll skip Dancing with the Stars to watch....(I'll watch it online tomorrow to catch up). I love the premise that they base their decisions on just what they hear......and it doesn't hurt that Adam Levine and Blake Shelton are coaches....this year they've also got Usher and Shakira.....who are very talented as well....I'm looking forward to seeing who they choose and how they coach.
In other news, Jezebel is doing well - I think I've got the correct dose of insulin to get her regulated and I'm still hopeful that in another month or so she might become diet controlled and not need shots at all....and that would certainly make my life easier in terms of not having to get up early every morning and being able to stay gone later in the evenings. But the important part is that she's happy and healthy and I'm not racking up huge vet bills.
This weekend I drove to Reagan National to pick up a friend who had flown in from the Midwest to take a job in DC. One of the best things in the world for me is when I come off the plane to see a familiar face waiting....and although I somehow managed to miss him heading to baggage claim, we eventually connected and I was able to help him get settled with some emergency rations from the Whole Foods store.
Which was a whole other new experience for me - we don't have Whole Foods close and honestly, even if we did I'm not sure I'd go there.....it just seemed really expensive - but then again, it's not ordinary food. Speaking of food - I'm going to try a garden this year...but it will have to be in the front yard because I don't have any sun out back....not to mention the deer. I think if I go with a raised bed or two and some sort of not too ugly fence to keep the rabbits out it won't be too tacky looking and I'd enjoy having my own fresh tomatoes and cucumbers (yum).
Finally, my friend Steph has Friday off - so I've taken it off as well and we are going to run down to DC to pick up our Chili Cookoff tickets and do some sightseeing. I'm hoping for good weather because its going to be peak cherry blossom time which is just gorgeous to see....and with it being a weekday, hopefully it won't be too terribly crowded around the Tidal Basin.
Wow - I have rambled on today for sure.......thanks for stopping by and reading.....and have a great week....

I'm ready for warmer weather, too!! I also have to do my gardening in the front yard of my tiny city lot. No deer here to contend with, but we do have lots of bunnies and squirrels to worry about. I'm doing cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers and eggplant this year. Tomatoes and peppers will be in hanging baskets (upside down gardening). It really confused the critters last year, they left the veggies alone!! The rest will be in galvanized containers since it's harder for the small critters to scale them.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad to hear that Jezebel continues to do so well.