Monday, April 1, 2013

4/1 - Time to

 
Ketchup, lol.  Its been crazy busy at work and at home but I really haven't had anything to blog - just same old same old.
 
But just to catch things up....
 
I took Friday off and went to DC with Steph to buy our DC101 Chili Cookoff tickets....we got the premium seats which were expensive but something we'd both talked about doing the past couple of years.....it will be nice to actually have a place to sit where you can see the musicians rather than just listen to the music from a distance.  And Soundgarden is headlining which means Chris Cornell's incredible voice...........worth every cent.  We went to Arlington National Cemetary as well as the zoo and even though I try really hard to keep from having our adventures involve a lot of walking - that's just how DC rolls, I'm afraid.  But it was a pretty day and we had a great time.
 
Today I had a doctors appointment - just a routine physical but a few months late - Jez's diabetes diagnosis kind of put my life on hold for a bit, but I'm getting back to it.  Good news is that I lost weight since the last visit - not that much, but its a start...I am really hopeful that if I'm patient and work the plan, Weight Watchers will be the answer.  I can't say for sure until the bloodwork comes back, but it looks like all is right on the health front.  My blood pressure was a bit high and because but then I remembered that I'd had ham for Easter and potato chips for the munchies.....and a margarita just because...so chances are I'd consumed a lot more salt than usual.  She said to watch the salt and the stress, but its not a problem at this point. 
 
But I'm a competitive sort, so to me less than great blood pressure is an issue.....I am having trouble restraining myself from going out to buy a bp monitor so that I can track myself and "do better", lol.
 
That's something I need to watch - there's fine line between competitive and obsessive.
 
And now, I'm going to get back to watching the Voice......
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment