I am sure I will regret the decision to buy pansies this early.....but I just couldn't help myself - it was a glorious sunny day just made for yard work.
So I cleaned out a couple of flower beds, picked up some branches from the backyard and had some quality bonding time with Batcat outside - he actually walks pretty well on a harness. Since Jez became diabetic it seems like life has been all about her....so I was glad to be able to give him something special.
I also went over to Dads....for some reason I was supposed to be the "fixer of the water heater". That sort of stuff really ticks me off. It's not that I don't want to help...but my dads basement is a nightmare....my brothers tossed all sorts of crap down there so its difficult to get to anything - it floods because my brother keeps rigging up sump pumps instead of calling in a professional to do it right...and today was probably the ultimate in unsafeness - there's more than an inch of water on the floor and he's got an extension cord running across it all/ Anyhow it seems that the recent sump pump failure and accompanying flood has shorted out the control panel on Dad's water heater...though I did tell him I'd come by tomorrow and give it one more try before he called a plumber.
And then he wanted me to suggest a plumber.....heck I haven't had one here in a few years and frankly if I did - I wouldn't want to subject them to Dad's basement without extra "danger pay"....but I went ahead and mentioned that he has a plumber a block away and that was probably the best bet for getting work done quickly.
OK - that's my vent for today. I don't like the way he lives but I respect his right to do so nor do I like my brother's "duct tape and a prayer" method of fixing things - its not like Dad can't afford to have it done right........but I accept the things I cannot change and keep my mouth shut.
Did I mention it was a gorgeous day outside - at the end of it all - that's really what matters....

No comments:
Post a Comment