Sunday, March 3, 2013

3/3 - It felt like a......


bad reality TV show - and I was stuck in the middle.

Setting:

Living room of small townhouse - trying to remove a computer virus that not only hijacked the webbrowser search feature, but also blocked execution of all .exe files - making it impossible to load a fix.

Characters:

Friend - 54 year old male
Friends Father - pretty fly for an old white guy ;)

Enter Friends 19 year old son screeching loudly about how he didn't like being accused of screwing up the family computer

Enter Friends Ex Wife - alternating between calling me bitch and telling me I have no idea what's been going on and announcing to the police that she's the Exwife - which I guess is supposed to mean she's someone important.

And me,  reloading a new, clean version of Vista along with virus protection and a few other odds and ends - with the occasional taking friend into the kitchen to keep him from hitting his mouthy 19 year old and then returning to my desk chair to finish up. 

It was quite the learning experience - both because no matter how dysfunctional my past has been....it was idyllic compared to this insanity.....and because I learned an important factoid about my state.

If you let someone live with you.....even if there's no agreement and they don't pay any rent or do anything in exchange for their room.....you can't make them leave without getting an eviction order from the court.

So, I'll certainly keep that in mind if I ever have someone come stay :).....

In other news.....my basement remodel is done....my car is going in the shop on Tuesday (think good thoughts that its not too expensive), I should find tomorrow that I've lost a pound, and the furkids seem healthy and happy.

All is right in my world - I hope it is in yours as well.

5 comments:

  1. ROFLMAO - I guess I didn't explain enough sorry about that. Dad and son have had issues in the past - Dad wants son to move out immediately - son refuses and calls police so that Dad will be told that he can't make him leave without an eviction order.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been there, done that ... I do feel your friend's pain!! Nope, can't evict 'em without that eviction notice, and it could take MONTHS for that to happen!! Once they've established residency, the home owner is basically up a creek without having any sort of written contract (even then, it's still the eviction route). So sorry you got to experience a Jerry Springer episode first hand!!

    ReplyDelete