Yep, I booked another cruise for next month I admit that I take a lot of vacations, but that's because I'm a frugal traveler who looks for good deals and chooses the least expensive options that get me where I want to be.
And that works for me - fortunately it also works for the friends who invite me to travel with them. I don't need to stay in a Radisson - I'm content with a Motel 6 - and I've never rented a convertible - though I grant it might be fun.
When I cruise, it's the least expensive times of year and the least expensive cabin.....because I'm not in it much anyhow.
For the past few years I've cruised in January or February....its a nice break from the cold. I used to book these trips a year in advance so that I could get one of the inexpensive window cabins....they were few and far between. But with a major software upgrade on the horizon, I knew I didn't dare plan a winter trip.....managing to get away with Amy to the Grand Canyon was a mini miracle on its own.
But the project should be up and running the first week in March....and I have a break between classes in mid March....so I can get away. In my usual frugal way, I've been watching for last minute bargains and debated a few....but in the end I went with what I knew and loved.
The Thalassotherapy pool and
The thermal suite with its heated loungers - all overlooking the ocean.
Did I mention the adult only serenity deck with bar service and hot tubs?
This is not just a vacation - this is a week of treating myself well.......and so I chose to pay for a spa cabin which means that I'm just a spiral staircase (or private elevator if I feel lazy) away from all of these things.
Which is not to say I (or rather we, because you know I always take you along) won't leave the ship.....its a Western Caribbean itinerary and that means snorkeling and ruins and perhaps a bit of drinking (who am I kidding with the perhaps)?
But I've been to most of the ports before so there isn't the urgency to see and do everything - it's quite alright if I decide to sleep in late or not book an excursion - or if I choose at some point not to get off the boat at all (though I doubt that will happen).




"This is not just a vacation - this is a week of treating myself well..."
ReplyDeleteLove this thought Em!