Saturday, February 12, 2011

2/12 - Caturday and catching up


This is not my Batcat but it looks (and acts) just like him...he definitely makes it clear when enough is enough.

I have been bad about blogging lately but its not because I haven't been thinking - more that I wasn't sure I wanted to share what I was thinking because it was all about being moody rather than rational....made worse by the fact that I HATE being irrational.

OK  - so its getting close to VD which, along with New Years Eve is one of those Noah's ark holidays where everyone is supposed to be paired up with the one they love.  I know that it's acceptable to include friends and family in the lovefest......but frankly - if I was to get a box of chocolates and/or flowers from any of my male friends - I'd assume there was romance on their minds and probably throw up a little in my mouth, because all of my opposite gender relationships are right where they should be right now.......I'm not pining for for any of them and it would be quite freaky to discover any of them were pining for me.

Combine that with my attempt to lose weight (10 lbs down a lot more to go - I need to FOCUS)...and chocolates are NOT a good idea anyhow.

I've also been thinking about the situation in Egypt.....and although the culture is dramatically different from ours, I'm not sure about the whole "military in charge" being a good thing.  I mean, isn't that why our own forefathers stuck that second amendment right to bear arms thing in the constitution ?  I totally understand and applaud the desire for freedom from despots.......I just hope that the majority doesn't forget the minority in the new government.

And I've been thinking aboutg mundane things - like why the Airwick Vanilla Snow smells like popcorn to me - and whether or not I should banish it to the basement.......or perhaps the guest room so Susan can enjoy it when she comes to visit in April for the Cherry Blossom Festival.  Yep, I'm getting a houseguest - and then my best bud is coming to visit in May - and then in July I'm going to visit Carol in British Columbia and then in August I become a grandma - hopefully not while I am at Watkins Glen watching the NASCAR race. (though it does happen to coincide with her due date - I am SUCH a bad mother in law).

Then there's the trip to Nova Scotia and Newfoundland that I hope to be taking with my Oz pals Bundy and his GF....followed by my cruise to Europe on a brand new ship with my friends Sandy and Judy and 3000 or so yet to be made friends.

I truly do lead a charmed life......and I try very hard to remember that and pass on good things when I can.  Tonight a friends son (the one who looks after my cats) came over so I could do his taxes for the first time.  I've known him since he was a kindergardener, so I've gotten to watch him grow up.   One of the things I admire most about him is that he is intensely loyal and he's stood by his father through difficult times.  I'd told him years ago that if he got good grades I'd buy him a laptop. 

Well the good grades didn't come -but this year I know he tried hard and he's on track to graduate and he got a job and his birthday is coming...so I bought him a computer, not because we had a deal, but because he deserves one.

The smile in his eyes repaid me a thousand times over - I hope that he will always remember that if you do your best - good things will happen.........

No comments:

Post a Comment