Actually, I have nothing against Valentines Day except that it seems to come with all sorts of expectations.......I remember an ex calling me at the last minute to invite me out to dinner and I just KNEW that his friends had badgered him into it (but I went anyhow and ordered something ridiculously expensive, lol).
In fact one year I was just so tired of all the competitiveness among the women in the office that I sent myself flowers just so I wouldn't get those sympathy looks from all the coupled folk.
I'm older and wiser now.......and I admire (and envy a bit) the folks who have truly good relationships with or without the VD trappings......and I feel sorry for those who have settled for less.
My life works for me - and although there are occasional moments of "what if"......I have to say that overall it's been an amazing ride so far - and there is a lot to be said for not limiting yourself to one partner for life. Every man I've been involved with has taught me something - backpacking, dancing, boating, grilling, home repair, etc etc etc. I adore men - and when you aren't wrapped up in trying to seduce them (or vice versa), they make the best friends in the world.
Don't get me wrong - I have amazing women friends as well.....and I wouldn't be where I am without them......but female friendships generally involve more work, more give and take. And at the end of the day if George Clooney showed up at the door - I'm not sure even my best bud would say "Go ahead Em, you can have him".
Its odd how blogs go - this was not at all the direction I was intending to go today.....but sometimes I guess my thoughts just don't respond well to commands.
Since I'm already so far off track - let me pose a question to all of you.
What was (or is now, if you prefer) your go-to makeout song? What would you put on the turntable/cassette/CD player to set the mood?
Back in my teenage years it was all Frampton, all the time..Baby I Love Your Way..(I'm misting up a bit hearing it in my head).
Now.....lets just say when I get that feeling, I want..........Marvin Gaye ;).
So - I told you mine - tell me yours....

No comments:
Post a Comment