Monday, January 3, 2011

January 3rd - I feel violated.....

Today is recycle day in my community - and like a good do-bee

I was sure to put my bin out last night so I wouldn't forget.  As the evening progressed I came across a few more recyclables, so this morning I started the car and then headed to the bin to drop them off.

Except when I opened the cover, I didn't recognize my trash......there were Snapple tea bottles, cardboard from club crackers, and a whole lot of other stuff that I know I didn't eat.  Someone had decided to help themselves to my bin.

And I gotta tell you, it troubles me that someone decided to take advantage of my bin rather than use their own.....in fact, I find it creepy that someone was in my trash.  What if there's a gun or a body part dumped in there and the police come and take me away......what if someone counts all the liquor and wine bottles and decides I'm an alcoholic (in my defense, I was purging over the holidays and a lot of those bottles were almost empty and got dumped).......what if my personal mail ends up being posted on Facebook?

You get the idea.......

So, am I overreacting to someone just trying to keep the world a bit cleaner by throwing things away - or am I right to be disturbed by this invasion of my privacy?

No comments:

Post a Comment