Wednesday, January 5, 2011
1/5/11 - Wednesday Wonderfuls
I went to Art.com and did a search on wonderful to find something appropriate for the blog and this caught my eye.
Now, I don't believe that Marilyn Monroe wasn't interested in money - but I do believe she wanted to be wonderful or rather that she wanted her life to be wonderful....and that's something most of us strive for.
Wednesday seemed like as good a time as any to review the good stuff that has happened in this first week of 2011.
First off, I've lost a bit of weight and I might have finally figured out the key to losing the lot of weight that I need to lose. My friend Stephanie is quitting smoking - something I did almost nine years ago. Anyhow, remembering what a struggle it is to beat an addiction like that, I wandered back to the Quitnet website which was a great help to me. There are still a number of journal entries from the first weeks, months, and even years of my quit...the time when I would not have believed I could go a day without thinking of smoking yet alone a year or more.
What I read about my struggles reminded me of my issue with food. I need to pay attention to what goes in my mouth and be accountable for it. Doesn't mean I can't eat whatever I care about whenever I like, it just means that I have to be honest with myself - not pretend it didn't happen. More calories burned than consumed equals weight loss...period.
So I must write down everything I eat - not just for this week or next week but probably for years if not forever. Sounds miserable, but no more so than I used to be at the idea of never smoking again, and now, I really could care less.
Goodness, I did ramble on and on about that. More good stuff....The state reappraised my house and the value came down about a third....which means my taxes will come down about a third. In dollar terms that could be a new bigscreen TV (with 3D), or a nice vacation, or perhaps something that I don't even know I want yet.......but it's going to be fun to ponder.
The weather has been good, and it seems as if it will hold on that way until after I fly west on Monday night.....and the guy who checks on my cats is fine with that....and with my smartphone, work can reach me if they need a question answered....so I don't feel the pressure to have everything done.
An online friend who hadn't been around for a while reappeared, and I am relieved to know she's OK....and the financial damage from my Christmas spirit isn't bad at all - it's easily handled without going into debt (hurrah).
So it truly IS a wonderful Wednesday at Chez Em - and I hope its good wherever you are as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment