Monday, January 24, 2011

1/24 - What I've been up to


I confess that I had to read it out loud before I got it....but then I found it so funny I had to share.

So what have I been up to?

Well, the road to Em's is paved with good intentions...I had planned on painting the upstairs ceiling white. The previous owner painted almost every wall in the house Behr Candlelight Ivory, which is a nice neutral color - but upstairs he used it on the ceilings as well.....and since it's a Cape Cod with low ceilings - I think it needs to be white to give it some visual height.

But I had lots of homework to finish and makeup bowling on Sunday, so that project fell by the wayside.  I did, however, rearrange my living room furniture so that there's no longer any window glare on the TV screen.  I'm not sure that I like the new arrangement....but I'll give it a few weeks and see if it grows on me.  The combination of doors, stairs and access to the hall limits placement possibilities.

I also cooked my Thanksgiving turkey finally and did a lot of snacking so no more weight lost, sigh.  But the cold weather means it's soup time and I plan on making a big batch of white chili with the leftovers.

And I got my exercise at Ikea where I bought a picture frame for that shot I printed out.....and believe it or not I bought nothing else.  It seems I'm at a place where I get as much pleasure out of looking at thngs as I do accumulating them.....and I do have enough furniture and accessories and such that anything else right now would just be clutter.

That said, I do need a big picture with red in it to balance out the side of the living room that no longer has red chairs......so maybe I'm not done buying after all.

Hope everyone had a great Monday.

PS  - this pun's for you, Steph



No comments:

Post a Comment