Monday, November 15, 2010

November 15th -If life is a highway,


then you have to expect the occasional bump in the road.  I already mentioned that I'd knocked a cup of coffee onto my keyboard and the replacement often refuses to type the letters M or L, sigh.

But that's OK, because it makes me slow down and proofread better - and if I really get frustrated I've got a laptop I can use instead (or I might even find out that the keyboard is working again now that it's dried out).

Last night, however, I turned on the oven and when the smoke detector went off I discovered that the thermostat is broken and no what temperature I set it to - it goes to 600 degrees and stays there (at least that's what the oven thermometer is telling me).

On the bright side, I renewed my home warranty, so I should be able to get it fixed for a 60 dollar service call - and we still have a week and a half till Thanksgiving so worst case I'll just have my turkey a bit late (its safely in the freezer).

But this Mary Sunshine attitude didn't just appear by itself....I walked into the house quite frustrated over the oven, and that Purple Heart didn't come to pick up the donation boxes I'd dragged out front, and that the music for this session of aerobics is heavy on the Miley Cyrus and Lady GaGa - neither of which I care for.

I opened the door to the wine cabinet and reached for a glass.  Thats when I noticed the pair of etched glasses right in the front.  Amy made them for me as a hostess gift when they came to visit this spring.....and  I smiled to remember what a marvelous time I had with them and how much I'm looking forward to coming out and visiting them back...I mean - they have a hot tub and kayaks and they like me.

So sure there may be a few bumps in the road once in a while - but still....

If life is a highway, I wanna ride it all night long.  (preferably in a kickass sportscar)....

No comments:

Post a Comment