there is no other place I'd rather be.
I can't take credit for that thought - it comes from Jesus Jones (quite appropriate for a Sunday, isn't it?)
Anyhow, if you've ever been sitting somewhere and felt totally and completely in tune with everything around you and just known you were where you were supposed to be....then you know how I felt last night. And that feeling has stayed with me and colored today a lovely pink - much like the rosebud that surprised me this morning.
I'm hoping that the warm temperatures continue so that the little thing has a chance to flower.
But whatever it does, I know that I'm flowering......I've reconnected with the joy that comes from a job well done.
After considering everyone's advice about the leaves I decided to take the middle road and mow everything but not worry about the bag, my mower is a mulching one.
Goodbye mower - see you in the spring.........
Which reminds me - I was talking about my sense of accomplishment - here is how my yard looked when I moved in last June.
Slightly different angle but the same trees.
I had a coupon for 15% off at Ollies - which is a local version of Big Lots and a wonderful place to wander through.....like a flea market but of good stuff. The good stuff I found this time was a stainess steel landscape lighting set that includes a couple of spotlights so I can highlight the base of that giant pine as well as have some better lighting around my garden and hot tub area. I paid 25 dollars for it :).
I also found this kit to put wheels on my wheelbarrow. I know, it comes with a wheel, lol - but these wheels turn it into a three wheel cart which is easier to push than having to hold it up and just use that one big wheel. It looks like this and it cost me all of six bucks. The box said it could be finished in 10 minutes, it took me a bit longer - but I got it done and it looks just like the picture. (Kinda wish I looked like the picture, but that's a different blog).
All that and I also managed to get my paper done for class (yes ANOTHER paper - seems like we have one every two weeks. This one became a last minute problem because I spilled coffee on my keyboard last night and it quit working....so I had to buy a replacement. I went with a wireless set on sale at Best Buy and it was a mistake. For whatever reason the L and M keys tend to stick, so I have to keep going back and making sure a letter didn't get left out (it just happened there, sigh).
So as nice as it is to have a wireless keyboard - I do NOT recommend the Logitech S520.
And if you do notice missing letters in my posts - just fil in the banks :).



We just discovered a new iPhone app that makes teh phone serve as a wireless mouse and keyboard. It's great for when we want to hook one of the computers up to the TV screen, or even if we're just feeling lazy and want to sit back while we play...
ReplyDeleteVery cool. I'm going to keep the keyboard because I'm sure I'll eventually run my laptop through my bigscreen and then I'll need a wireless setup....but it really is annoying that the L and M keep acting up. I would take it back but I tossed the box.
ReplyDeleteSomeday maybe I'll go the Iphone route - but I just can't justify the expense - though I know you folks ae always on yours...