Sunday, August 4, 2013

8/4 - I may have to "unpublic" this blog for the moment, sigh....

Mystery is solved.......my exhusband came across my blog by way of Google+  and its quite certain he's the person who pointed my son to it and stirred up all this trouble.

And I know this because he decided to leave a comment on my 8/1 Thursday Thirteen regarding my situation with my son.  As soon as I saw the comment, I deleted it - not because it was bad, but because he and I haven't had any sort of relationship in many years and I prefer it that way.  Not to mention said son was not pleased to be discussed on my blog in the first place and I actually blogged a request that whoever thought they were helping me please stop.

I refused his friend request on Facebook and thought that would send a clear message that I don't want him involved in my life, nor do I want to be involved in his.   We separated more than 25 years ago - and although we communicated regularly while our son was growing up - but once he finished high school - that was the end of it....I think I may have spoken to him maybe twice between 1997 and our son's wedding.....and that's because he called me.

 He's not a well man physically and possibly mentally as well - he has difficulty walking, its hard to understand his speech, and his facebook postings are sometimes inappropriate or make no sense.  Why he's suddenly decided to get involved in "my stuff" is beyond me - but I don't like it one bit.

Anyhow - it sucks - I may end up having to move this blog somewhere with better privacy controls.  Its not that I post anything that I am unwilling to share - but this is feeling a bit stalky - not to mention my attempts to respect other peoples privacy by not using names or locations or such go right down the tubes when family members post comments using thier full name.

For the moment, I'm going to go with moderating all comments - so if you do decide to post a comment - don't worry that it doesn't show up right away.



4 comments:

  1. No creeping allowed. Duly noted. Well, there go my plans..... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always make me laugh (and I miss you by the way). I remember what an issue it was when you had your blog private - even with an invite it was pretty much impossible to get to. I have a problem with Blogger being connected to Google+.... I went in and killed every reference there to here hoping that would help....and I no longer link to this page from Facebook. But I do wish there was a block feature so I could just keep those who are upset by my ramblings away from them. And that probably deserves a blog of itself :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I commented, not Dad (we have the same name...) Dad didn't mention this to me. It shows up on your facebook feed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know it was you - I can take the moderation off - my FB feed is friends only (as is my Google+) I've been back through all of 2013 just now on both sites and couldn't find any links to this from there...if you run across one and you'd like it gone- just email me and I'll be glad to oblige.

      Delete