If I was asked to define a perfect weekend - I'm not sure I could come up with an answer. You see, for me perfection is one of those things that I can't explain in advance - but I sure know when I find it.
And this weekend truly has been perfection.....or at least there have been such a ridiculous number of perfect moments that if there was anything "less than" - it didn't have room to stick in my mind.
We'll start with getting out of work early on Friday and finding time to get the lawn mowed and trimmed......and then heading off to bowling where I shot
MY BEST SET EVER - 193,215, and 226 for a total of 634. OK, but bowling is a team sport and I'm pleased to report that we won all three of our games.
Then there was the DC 101 Chili Cookoff. I went with my friend Stephanie who is a music geek, but not the intimidating kind - just someone who loves music and knows a lot about it. She's also really outgoing and will talk to anyone about anything which is why she turned me into a folk hero with the very young folk sitting behind us. Not a folk hero because we shared our beer, nor because we passed around shots of Pussers Rum which Steph introduced me to and it truly is the most remarkable rum on the planet.
Nope - I am a folk hero because I saw Frank Zappa and the Mothers in concert in 1975 - and I never imagined that would earn me "cum laude" status with todays college students. Imagine if I'd slept with him ;)
So we fast forward to Sunday. My son had messaged me to ask what I wanted for Mothers Day. I told him a visit from him and little IM would be great - and if it included flowers - even more awesomeness.
He came through with both..........it really doesn't get any better than that.
Except that I'm now enjoying a nice glass of wine in some of the most gorgeous weather imaginable - so perhaps I spoke too soon.
Hope all of you are having a great weekend too.......



No comments:
Post a Comment