Thursday, January 3, 2013

On the third day of 2013 - I got




nada.....

Actually I've just run out of gas.  I was up at dark oclock to take my friend and houseguest Sharon to the airport - and as always when I have an early appointment I sleep fitfully because my subconscious is terrified that I'll oversleep.

I've lived alone most of my life and I'm always a bit nervous about having houseguests - because I want things to be perfect for them - and at the same time I'm worried about not having enough space to myself - and this one was particularly concerning because it was over the holidays which are always a stressor for me anyhow.

But it went marvelously well.....and looking back, I don't know why I ever had a doubt.  My friends know me and are OK with me just the way I am.  Or at least they are polite enough to pretend they are :).

And so every time someone comes to visit its just the right blend of us time, me time, and them time - with hugs and laughs and smiles and even the occasional serious moment mixed in. 

I have friends that I grew up with like my BFF Patti, friends that I met through other friends like Sharon and Stephanie, and even more friends that I happened across due to the magic of the internet.  But no matter how our friendship came about - whether we talk to each other once a day, once a week, or once a year - when we do get together its as if we never were apart.

Its quite amazing actually - I honestly don't know why my friends like me, but I'm humbled and grateful that they do.

And I'm also really tired.....so good night.....

 

10 comments:

  1. at least they are polite enough to pretend they are :).
    snicker snicker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Except for Carol who likes to feed my OCD - I'll never forget your comment about my knives being crooked - or that I immediately had to go fix them :)

      Delete
  2. I honestly do -- you're kinda nice ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walt - you need to make another road trip and come out this far again - then you'll see the real me (smile).....but I do miss your adventures and hope you've just been busy - not giving them up.

      Delete
  3. Sleep well bestest friend....and the saying is true about old & new friends....silver & gold they are both worth so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have done the same sleep thing. it drives me nuts. I think you need to tell us about the crooked knives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa if you went far enough back in Em's blog I bet your could find the picture...

      Delete
  5. I understand the *me* time and Jon and I are still forever grateful for you sharing your bought air during the derechio when we were out of power. Also thank you for coming over for Christmas - that was fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The thanks all goes to you two for inviting me over - the food and company were awesome. And both of you are always welcome at my house - but I need to study up before we try Trivial Pursuit with Jon again....

      Delete