Tuesday, January 1, 2013
On the first day of 2013 - I
took a walk.........
Thats one of my resolutions - to move more. This week I have a houseguest visiting (actually she's been here for a couple of weeks now).....and she shared the walk with me. Only about 1800 steps, a bit less than a mile, and not even at a pace to get my heart rate up.
BUT - it was a walk none the less.
Thats kind of what I think has happened with this blog. It's so easy to use Facebook to let everyone know whats going on in my world in just a few words......while a blog is a much more lengthy and indepth project.
Or is it? Perhaps a blog should be like a walk - sometimes it's long and meandering, sometimes its short and sweet - but the point is in the doing.....the commitment to walk, the commitment to write.
My friend Carol has committed to writing one blog a week.....I'm committing to doing the same.
Lets see how this goes.......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Perhaps I shall join in....
ReplyDeleteI think that would be awesome. I really do miss the stories we used to tell - and the new people we used to meet by blogging....
DeleteHmmmm, that sounds like a doable challenge/commitment. I mean, its the least I can do since you set me up. I have to go to my page and see what it looks like. happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteYAY - I know we can't get the past back, but I'm really excited about getting to read some new stuff....
Deleteand then there were three....now we just need to get our old blogs published into a best seller and cruise off into the sunset...
ReplyDeleteStill working on that idea, eh Carol? I think we need to start doing interesting stuff again....
ReplyDelete