Sunday, January 13, 2013

Continuing our Emcation in Key West



If you look at a map, Tampa is surprisingly close to Key West and that's why we didn't get a sea day before we stopped here.  The picture above is looking down Duval from Margaritaville - the REAL Margaritaville - not the tens of others that the Buffet (Jimmy, not Warren) empire has built over the years.

This was the scene of my 40th birthday celebration.....it was one of the best nights of my life in fact - but that was then and this is now, quite a bit later.  I didn't want to revisit the past - so although I did walk down Duval Street and take a couple of pictures....that was just an afterthought.

Here's the smallest bar in Key West.

Oldest Schoolhouse

One of the many gorgeous homes
Key West residents are welcoming to all - even dragons ;)
Did I mention chickens  roam the streets?

Beautiful greenery giving that tropical feel
I thought this tree was awesome

Here's the Key West cemetery
Including a memorial to the USS Maine

Whew - we sure walked a lot today....I think its time for a

Nice cold beer......

Hope you guys enjoyed the island as much as I did.......but now its time to get back on the ship and get some rest.....


Don't worry.....we've still got plenty of adventures to come.

2 comments:

  1. I want to take a small dragon to the smallest bar and see if it gets served...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Served as an appetizer - or do you mean would they give it a drink?

      Delete