will be underway shortly.
(The adults only solarium on the Jewel of the Seas)
(The adults only solarium on the Jewel of the Seas)
The freezing temperatures here (there was frost on the
windshield this morning) make me even more excited about being somewhere warm
tomorrow.
Yep, it’s time for another Emventure. Although I don’t think I’d be happy in a
place without changing seasons, and full-time heat and humidity equal a
lifetime of bad hair days……after a few weeks of winter, I crave warmth.
You might be thinking “but Em, you barely got back from
Australia – wasn’t that warm enough for you?”, but I hope instead you’re thinking
– “You Go Girl” ;).
Australia was warm – at least I only had to wear a light
jacket once or twice – and it was exciting and amazing and action packed. And the action packed part is the key
here. I came home full of happy
adventures and an even greater love and respect for the friends who took me
around showing me their country – but I can’t say I came home rested.
So this is all about lying on the deck in the sunshine
catching up on my Nook reading and about watching sunsets with a glass of wine
in my hand. Maybe I’ll toss a few
pennies in the slot machines, or make a few bets at the blackjack table. I’m pretty sure I’ll be exploring the heated
loungers in the spa….and hoping they have the same sort of awesome showers that
Patti and I discovered on our last cruise.
(We didn’t discover them together –
we each went separately, lol).
It’s about wandering
through Key West and seeing what’s changed in the years since I was last there
– maybe stopping by the “real” Margaritaville and re-celebrating my 40th
birthday like I did there long ago. Or
perhaps I’ll wander over to the cemetery which is supposed to have some very
interesting headstones.
It’s about floating above the fish and coral in Cozumel–
(Ocean TV, as it were), drinking a margarita
(or two or three) and maybe haggling a
bit for a Mexican hammock or two (I
think that would work really well hanging from the exposed rafters in my
basement).
I wish you were all coming with me – we could each go our
own way doing whatever makes us happiest and then meet up for dinner and share
our stories. But since I know that’s not
possible this time, I’ll do my best to bring you along.
Here’s our itinerary:
Saturday – arrive in Tampa – board the Jewel of the Seas
Sunday – Key West
Monday – Day at Sea
Tuesday – Cozumel
Wednesday – Day at Sea
Thursday - return to
Tampa – have brunch with Sandy – head home in the late afternoon
Hope you're ready for some good times......

Looking forward to having brunch. I remember the last time we were in Cozumel..now I think I need a Pina Colada.
ReplyDeleteYep - good times for sure. There are a lot of ships in port (aren't there always) so I booked a catamaran snorkel and beach break rather than trying Chakannab. But the next time we are there together, I'll rent a car and show you all the secrets on the far side.
Deletenow I'm singing that jimmy buffet song....I wouldn't begrudge anyone of any amount of holidays....that is what life is all about...
ReplyDeleteI like to think we work so that we can play.......and of course you have your own great adventure coming up. I just hope you can find a way to blog it this time.
DeleteMaybe next year. The idea of just lounging sounds fabulous. However with the changes that are afoot in the next few weeks, I cannot say "this year" yet. Fingers crossed and raise a glass for me.
ReplyDeleteI have crossed everything for you - but I do believe good things come to good people, so you are due. Sides, I think you should have Myrtle Beach this year ;)
Delete