Where to begin?
Lets start with how my state has now inherited the heat wave (thank you very much midwest).Current temperature at 7:40 pm
I am tempted to try to fry an egg on the sidewalk......actually I"m waiting for dark to water a few plants that its been too hot to plant. I scored a couple of overstocked perennials for 80 cents each at Lowes earlier this week:).
I learned that puked up catfood attracts millions of ants - ugh......(darn your sensitive stomach Ugly Girl).
Had a peridontal cleaning/checkup today and things are getting better........with a bit of luck I'll escape any more gum surgery. My peridontist is off on a cruise next week - NY roundtrip on Princess....I teased him that he really ought to bring me back something as a thank you for my contribution to his vacation fund.
It is going to be hotter outside my hot tub than in it come tomorrow - I find that incredible.
I also find it amusing that out there it feels like the steam room that I loved so much on my last cruise.....maybe I should set up a lounger and a mist fan in the front yard and charge admission to my spa ;)
Sorry - I don't mean to focus so much on the weather....lets move on to cooler thoughts. I bought some very cheap Real Sangria (that was actually the brand name, I think) last week and it was quite yummy....I'd been thinking about making some from scratch, but this stuff was so good that I'm not sure I'll bother. Though if anyone has a good sangria recipe I'm open to trying it.
So, I'm opening my mail while I blog and here's a note from Expedia - it contains a prepaid Mastercard which was a perk from one of the hotels I booked - in fact, there should be a second Mastercard coming that goes to Carol.....I'll wait to mail that rumcake and send them both together.
Yes Lisa, I said rumcake. I had it here as a gift for you two to share in Seattle but I completely forgot to pack it...so, I figure I'll send it to Carol now as a belated thank you for the room and maybe if you're really good I'll send you some more crabcakes :).
Before it got so bloody hot, I was sitting out back on my deck thinking about how much I love my backyard.....I really do adore having woods behind me and watching the birds and the occasional rabbit/groundhog/deer/fox and whatever else is out there that I haven't noticed yet. It's a reminder to appreciate my truly charmed life.
And speaking of charms.......my BFF Patti has agreed to cruise with me. I had big plans for her "0" birthday but unfortunately work got in the way and I couldn't make it down to celebrate - so we'll just pretend this year is that year. You'll remember I got hooked on the spa cabins - and because she was willing to fly cross country with me and the rates out of LA are so much less than Florida - we have a BALCONY spa cabin. Her actualy birthday, January 30th, is Lobster and Prime Rib dressup night - so I don't even have to pay extra to take her out to dinner to celebrate :).
I got an A on my first class assignment last week - and am caught up on the discussion for this week already so it should be a stress free weekend.
Saw a facebook post from my son that my granddaughter to be is fully ripe and can join us any time - the official due date is 8/14 - but since I'll be at Watkins Glen for the race that day, I'm hoping that she comes a bit early. If she doesn't - I'm going to nickname her after whoever is leading the race at the time of her birth....lets hope its someone like Gordon or Stewart - I don't think they'll like me calling her Allmendinger.
So there are my 13 things for Thursday......but let me leave you with one link that I found hysterically funny...I posted it on Facebook, but for those of you who aren't there....
From Damn You Autocorrect
We just blew the dust off of our Google Analytics traffic monitor and realized since we launched Damn You Autocorrect back in October, the site has gotten over 300 million page views! That’s crazy! So thanks to everyone for reading!
And now, thanks to the analytics, here are the 15 most viewed autocorrect fails sent in to Damn You Autocorrect since the site launch. Can you can guess what the #1 most popular submission has been so far?
Lets start with how my state has now inherited the heat wave (thank you very much midwest).Current temperature at 7:40 pm
I am tempted to try to fry an egg on the sidewalk......actually I"m waiting for dark to water a few plants that its been too hot to plant. I scored a couple of overstocked perennials for 80 cents each at Lowes earlier this week:).
I learned that puked up catfood attracts millions of ants - ugh......(darn your sensitive stomach Ugly Girl).
Had a peridontal cleaning/checkup today and things are getting better........with a bit of luck I'll escape any more gum surgery. My peridontist is off on a cruise next week - NY roundtrip on Princess....I teased him that he really ought to bring me back something as a thank you for my contribution to his vacation fund.
It is going to be hotter outside my hot tub than in it come tomorrow - I find that incredible.
I also find it amusing that out there it feels like the steam room that I loved so much on my last cruise.....maybe I should set up a lounger and a mist fan in the front yard and charge admission to my spa ;)
Sorry - I don't mean to focus so much on the weather....lets move on to cooler thoughts. I bought some very cheap Real Sangria (that was actually the brand name, I think) last week and it was quite yummy....I'd been thinking about making some from scratch, but this stuff was so good that I'm not sure I'll bother. Though if anyone has a good sangria recipe I'm open to trying it.
So, I'm opening my mail while I blog and here's a note from Expedia - it contains a prepaid Mastercard which was a perk from one of the hotels I booked - in fact, there should be a second Mastercard coming that goes to Carol.....I'll wait to mail that rumcake and send them both together.
Yes Lisa, I said rumcake. I had it here as a gift for you two to share in Seattle but I completely forgot to pack it...so, I figure I'll send it to Carol now as a belated thank you for the room and maybe if you're really good I'll send you some more crabcakes :).
Before it got so bloody hot, I was sitting out back on my deck thinking about how much I love my backyard.....I really do adore having woods behind me and watching the birds and the occasional rabbit/groundhog/deer/fox and whatever else is out there that I haven't noticed yet. It's a reminder to appreciate my truly charmed life.
And speaking of charms.......my BFF Patti has agreed to cruise with me. I had big plans for her "0" birthday but unfortunately work got in the way and I couldn't make it down to celebrate - so we'll just pretend this year is that year. You'll remember I got hooked on the spa cabins - and because she was willing to fly cross country with me and the rates out of LA are so much less than Florida - we have a BALCONY spa cabin. Her actualy birthday, January 30th, is Lobster and Prime Rib dressup night - so I don't even have to pay extra to take her out to dinner to celebrate :).
I got an A on my first class assignment last week - and am caught up on the discussion for this week already so it should be a stress free weekend.
Saw a facebook post from my son that my granddaughter to be is fully ripe and can join us any time - the official due date is 8/14 - but since I'll be at Watkins Glen for the race that day, I'm hoping that she comes a bit early. If she doesn't - I'm going to nickname her after whoever is leading the race at the time of her birth....lets hope its someone like Gordon or Stewart - I don't think they'll like me calling her Allmendinger.
So there are my 13 things for Thursday......but let me leave you with one link that I found hysterically funny...I posted it on Facebook, but for those of you who aren't there....
From Damn You Autocorrect
We just blew the dust off of our Google Analytics traffic monitor and realized since we launched Damn You Autocorrect back in October, the site has gotten over 300 million page views! That’s crazy! So thanks to everyone for reading!
And now, thanks to the analytics, here are the 15 most viewed autocorrect fails sent in to Damn You Autocorrect since the site launch. Can you can guess what the #1 most popular submission has been so far?

No comments:
Post a Comment