in my house.
Its supposed to be rainy and gloomy all afternoon - so outdoor chores, no matter how necessary, are off the table. Wet weather isn't good for painting ceilings or caulking, so those items have to wait as well.
Which leaves cleaning........and its been one of those weeks where I've had things to do after work every night and have ended up exhausted - so I haven't been keeping up with the dishes or the laundry....and then the demonic duo decided to knock over both of the potted plants on the second floor ( a reminder of why just about every piece of greenery I own hangs rather than stands.
I don't know how you feel about it, but to me, cleaning in small doses is OK - but it certainly isn't on my love to do list.......I'd much rather garden or read or shop or play on my computer.
But it's a necessary evil, and today I'm going to try to make it a bit more worthwhile by declaring "Treasure Hunt Day". I'm going through all of the drawers and shelves and storage boxes......getting rid of the things I don't use or wear......and probably finding some wonderful stuff that I'd forgotten about packing away.
I'll toss and donate, depending on what I come across......and if I find something that I think one of my friends like, I'll post it here or on Facebook.....and if anyone wants it, I'll ship it off to a new home.
First though, I promised myself a trip to Ikea.....I know I don't have picture frames packed away and I need a few......and perhaps I should consider hanging the rest of the plants around here.
Stop in tomorrow to see what I've found :)
Its supposed to be rainy and gloomy all afternoon - so outdoor chores, no matter how necessary, are off the table. Wet weather isn't good for painting ceilings or caulking, so those items have to wait as well.
Which leaves cleaning........and its been one of those weeks where I've had things to do after work every night and have ended up exhausted - so I haven't been keeping up with the dishes or the laundry....and then the demonic duo decided to knock over both of the potted plants on the second floor ( a reminder of why just about every piece of greenery I own hangs rather than stands.
I don't know how you feel about it, but to me, cleaning in small doses is OK - but it certainly isn't on my love to do list.......I'd much rather garden or read or shop or play on my computer.
But it's a necessary evil, and today I'm going to try to make it a bit more worthwhile by declaring "Treasure Hunt Day". I'm going through all of the drawers and shelves and storage boxes......getting rid of the things I don't use or wear......and probably finding some wonderful stuff that I'd forgotten about packing away.
I'll toss and donate, depending on what I come across......and if I find something that I think one of my friends like, I'll post it here or on Facebook.....and if anyone wants it, I'll ship it off to a new home.
First though, I promised myself a trip to Ikea.....I know I don't have picture frames packed away and I need a few......and perhaps I should consider hanging the rest of the plants around here.
Stop in tomorrow to see what I've found :)

No comments:
Post a Comment