Monday, April 11, 2011

4/11 - Monday Miscellaneous



Breathing a sigh of relief - I'd scheduled a vet appointment for Pumpkin this morning thinking it was going to be the end of the line as he's having trouble eating (though he'd improved a bit since last Wednesday and was quite charming to Susan when she was here)......but the vet, bless her heart, says it may well just be his very bad teeth so lets try antibiotics which should reduce the inflammation and make it more comfortable to eat.

Yes, he's still on borrowed time, but every good day is a wonderful thing.  Like most old men, he's a bit set in his ways and so I was surprised how well he took to having a houseguest for a bit....the only issue was that he was used to sleeping in that room so he kept wanting to wander in there every time the door was open.

We've converted over to the new business software system and lets just say it's going to be a painful transition.  Only some of our existing information transferred over, and it did so in such a way that there's going to be a lot of tweaking.....and even I, who is supposed to know this stuff, had to seek help twice to finish up some transactions.  But in a few weeks, we should have the worst of the bugs worked out and be back up to speed.

Reading back, I can see that I've mellowed over the years.  I used to be the "defender of my coworkers and customers", battling with the various developers and managers to get things fixed so that it all worked the way we felt it should.  Now, I have the attitude that I'll do the best I can with what we have and leave the complaining to others........my mantra has changed from "shit happens" to the more ladylike "it is what it is".

And there isn't much to complain about today - unseasonably warm weather, so much so that I'm able to wear my turquoise sandals and my cruise pedicure has held up well enough that I definitely feel pretty..........

Hope you do too.....Happy Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment