Goodness – it seems I haven’t blogged in forever…or very
close to it. I need to commit myself to
writing at least once a week for a lot of reasons, but I think the most important
is so that I can go back and revisit both my successes and my failures. Repeating the same actions tends to lead to
the same results. In some cases, that’s
really good – in other cases – not so much.
Then there’s those goals that we all set for ourselves….once
its written down it becomes more real, and hopefully more likely to be
achieved. Sadly, that hasn’t been the
case for my Weight Watchers Online program which I started with the best of intentions
close to a year ago – and yet I am still pretty much where I began….but that’s
a blog in itself.
For now I’ll start rather where I left off…..with Little IM’s
birthday party back in late August. I
had very mixed feeling about going but it turned out just fine. This time it seemed there was a lot of effort
put into making it a more social occasion – little IM was encouraged to
interact with me and everyone else there – presents were opened, discussed and
played with – and a few days afterwards – I got a thank you note from my DIL
for the gifts. Maybe it was a result of
my blog being read (sometimes good comes out of bad), maybe it just happened to
be that way because she’s a year older, or maybe it just was – but in any case
it was a thousand times more comfortable than it had been in the past.
Things still aren’t where I would have wished them, but
again on the bright side – I know where it all stands and have decided it falls
into the “accept the things I cannot change” .
Now I won’t claim sainthood – my acceptance
is less than perfect and I still have my dark moments – but I’m going to do my
best not to give them more power by blogging them…..instead, I’ll focus on the
ridiculously large number of things in my life that are going just fine.
Starting with the next thing I didn’t blog – my vacation to
Hawaii………
First off, I’ve discovered that once you have spent more
than 14 consecutive hours in a plane and more than a full day and night
traveling, like I did with Australia – everything else is easy. So the 9 hours between Chicago and Honolulu
was surprisingly OK – even without inseat entertainment or being served
food. My sleep mask, pillow, and
earplugs worked well to let me get some daytime rest (even though I forgot my
music player, sigh)…..and when I arrived, being on east coast time made me
early to bed and early to rise which worked well with the active schedule we
had planned.
No relaxing on the beach vacation for me, lol…..but it
needed to be busy because there is so much to see in Hawaii – each island has
its own magic. At the end of it all
though, I still would love to live on the Big Island…..it has a bit of
everything. But unless I hit the lottery,
or decide to give up traveling, it’s much more likely that I’ll end up in
Florida – easier to travel from/to, and much more affordable. I really have my heart set on a condo or
townhouse that is oceanfront because I love to watch the sea.
But for now – back to Hawaii……I’ll put the link to my Picasa
albums at the end of this blog…..and here I’ll mention just a few of the many
highlights of this trip…..
On Oahu, I climbed Diamondhead and was rewarded with this amazing view....
On Maui - we watched the sun rise over Haleakala
Near Hilo we found the Kapoho Tide Pools
On Kona I saw sea turtles at Kahaluu Beach Park
And on Kauai we got a break in the clouds at the wettest place on earth, Wai'ale'ale
And finally - although it really doesn't have anything to do with Hawaii specifically, I got to check something else off my bucket list.....
I got to drive a red Mustang convertible around Oaho for two days :)
As you can see, I do have a charmed life....
Here's the photos from the trip.
https://picasaweb.google.com/103219559619654499388/Oahu?authuser=0&feat=directlink
https://picasaweb.google.com/103219559619654499388/PearlHarborAndLeavingOahu?authuser=0&feat=directlink
https://picasaweb.google.com/103219559619654499388/MauiDay1?authuser=0&feat=directlink
https://picasaweb.google.com/103219559619654499388/MauiDay2?authuser=0&feat=directlink
https://picasaweb.google.com/103219559619654499388/HiloSeptember2013?authuser=0&feat=directlink
https://picasaweb.google.com/103219559619654499388/TripToHawaiiKauaiDay1?authuser=0&feat=directlink
https://picasaweb.google.com/103219559619654499388/KauaiDay2?authuser=0&feat=directlink
https://picasaweb.google.com/103219559619654499388/PearlHarborAndLeavingOahu?authuser=0&feat=directlink
https://picasaweb.google.com/103219559619654499388/MauiDay1?authuser=0&feat=directlink
https://picasaweb.google.com/103219559619654499388/MauiDay2?authuser=0&feat=directlink
https://picasaweb.google.com/103219559619654499388/HiloSeptember2013?authuser=0&feat=directlink
https://picasaweb.google.com/103219559619654499388/TripToHawaiiKauaiDay1?authuser=0&feat=directlink
https://picasaweb.google.com/103219559619654499388/KauaiDay2?authuser=0&feat=directlink

No comments:
Post a Comment