Thursday, May 30, 2013

5/30 Thursday Thirteen


How did it get to be Thursday already? 

Oh, wait - we had the Memorial Day holiday on Monday so that made it a 4 day work week....although for me it was actually a five day....and I'll explain in a second.

Lets see if I can come up with thirteen things about the week.

1. First off - Monday I mowed my dad's neighbors grass.  Dad had asked my brother if he could do it, but brother had too much going on...I knew it was important to Dad to get this favor done, and he sure couldn't mow it himself, so I went over and did it.  I don't mind mowing grass really, but this wasn't the easiest yard to do, and I was already feeling crappy because of #2

2. I have poison ivy or something similar all over my lower face and chin.  Odd place, I know...even more so because I know I"m allergic so I am very careful to wear gloves and long pants when I'm working in the jungle out back....but no, its just my face and a small spot on each arm.  Benadryl and Calamine have helped a lot, but it still looks pretty bad under the makeup.

3.  Especially since the makeup has been melting - we are having an August style heatwave around here and I've never been one to "glow" gracefully - I sweat buckets, my hair goes frizzy/limp and my face gets blotchy, sigh...I guess I should be grateful I didn't grow up in Florida or I likely would never have been asked out.

4.   Not that I got asked out that much.

5.  Batcat got out a couple of times over the weekend.  I hate when that happens because there are wild things in the woods not to mention some crazy drivers down the street.  But both times after half an hour or so he came back...and I think that's actually where I got the poison ivy from - picking him up to bring him in, sigh.

6.  I ordered a new hot tub cover...these things soak up water after a few years and become really heavy and troublesome...so nothing unusual there.  However what was unusual (for me at least) is that the trucking company called, made an appointment with a six hour window and then didn't show up.

7.  Even more unusual, I called the local truck depot and they told me they had no way of knowing what driver had the delivery - and even if they knew they had no way of contacting him.  In this day and age, what truck driver wouldn't have a cell phone?

8.  The company that sold me the cover sorted things out with the carrier and they will be delivering Monday after 4:30 so I don't have to take any more time off from work.

9.  Speaking of time off work - in just a month I shall be in Seattle catching up with my friend Lisa and her husband....I'm really looking forward to that.

10.  Jezebel still needs shots - but I think we might manage on once a day...I'm going to try that this weekend and see how things go.  It would certainly be easier if I can have a sitter come in rather than board her while I'm gone.  She isn't much for strange places or strange people.

11.  I had a delightful visit and dinner with my friend Pete tonight.  He happens to be vegetarian so he wanted to show me that meatless cooking could be interesting and delicious and it certainly was.  He'd French themed the meal - had menus printed out at the place setting and French music in the background.....it was marvelous.

12.  He's got an awesome apartment that feels more like an upscale hotel - a rooftop garden and pool - a concierge desk - and granite countertops - I confess to being a bit envious of them.

13. I went bowling with my teammate Steve -  duckpins to be ready for the summer league that starts tomorrow night.  I'm afraid I've forgotten everything I ever knew about throwing those small balls - I was terrible.

OK - I made it to thirteen - I'm going to call it a night.....Hope your week was a good one.



No comments:

Post a Comment