You'd end up just like me
Without the pretty meter
You'd float down to the sea
(slightly modified from the original version by Cake)
postscript - I LOVE Cake
Anyhow - I promise this is NOT going to turn into a feline diabetes blog - honest. I could easily rant about work and Ms "I've made up my mind what I want so I'm not hearing you" or my officemate who has become so deaf that I resorted to earplugs today or that I found a really good deal on some paneling at Lowes and ordered it only to find out it is "imaginary" and not really there or that I've called a friend a couple of times this week and he hasn't called me back and I"m hoping its just because hes out of town or in a mood and not because he's sick.....
Actually, I guess I did kind of rant there, didn't I :). Let me ensure a karmic balance by presenting an equivalent amount of positive or at least not negative stuff.
One of the songs in my aerobics class is Gangham Style - for some reason it plays in my head as Condom Style - and before you think I'm nuts,..."Hey, sexy ladyyyyyyyy - Condom style". It does kinda work :). And to my surprise my tax refunds (both federal and state) have shown up barely a week after I sent in the paperwork....it just about covers all the vet expenses.....so my bank account is less scary looking. I've also lost a pound so far this week following weightwatchers but am hoping that the appletini I am consuming right now doesn't undo all of my good behaviour (spelt that way for Carol and Bundy).
OK - looks reasonably even good and bad, ying and yang....and I'm kinda sorta wanting to contine on this theme....and it IS Thursday.....so lets not worry too much about the blog title and picture and just go with the flow.....
Thursday Thirteen - the Ying and the Yang
I bought a pretty pink glucose meter for my cat......but I'm putting off the actual feline bloodletting till the weekend - wish me luck.
I tried out said glucose meter and lancet and test strip on myself - it was pretty easy to do but it hurt.
Not only did it hurt, my blood glucose was 180 which scared me until I realized I was halfway through the second of my appletinis :). On a serious note, I've had all the necessary bloodwork done in the past - I'm fat but one of the healthy pear folks.
I really did bring and wear earplugs in my office today - the foam ones. So I was able to hear well enough to hear the phone ring but not enough to be annoyed by the Fox and Friends blaring from my officemates computer. I haven't decided whether he's going deaf or is intentionally trying to drive me nuts - but either way - the problem is solved for the moment.
I mentioned the really good deal that didn't exist at Lowes - well it actually worked out because the friend I was going to have help me lug the stuff didn't call me back anyhow :)
Hmmm - thats only five - nowhere near thirteen....but then again, if I count paragraphs I am at 13, and the appletinis are kicking in etc etc etc......so I think I shall call it a night.
Happy almost Friday to all....

No comments:
Post a Comment