There's been a lot written about the law of attraction, or as one bestseller called it "The Secret". You tell the universe what you want - and it will happen.
Personally, I think the secret is you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you'll find that you get what you need. Of course, I can't take credit for that one :).
Seriously though - things always manage to work themselves out. I might not have everything I want, but I have been amazingly lucky in my life and I definitely have much more than I need.
And that is kind of an ass backwards way of trying to explain the irony of what's happened. I write a painfully honest blog that I don't know how to deal with a difficult decision - and only a few hours later the difficult decision goes away.
This morning I picked up Jez from the vets and had a chance to meet with the doctor who started out treating her. This set of tests has confirmed that the insulin dosage we are using is right, and unless I see a change in her habits occur, I can wait six weeks to come back. And at the next visit, she can perform a different sort of test that can be done immediately and will cost less than half as much as these 12 hour glucose curves do.
Now my emergency fund gets some time to recover.....and my Ugly Girl is not in danger of a crash and burn anytime soon.
Now, I do believe the universe helps those who help themselves - and doctors are busy people who probably don't spend their offhours googling work related topics (at least I hope they don't)......the way that I've spent hours googling feline diabetes. So although I didn't get an enthusiastic response to my suggestion that I learn to perform home tests, I'm still going to pick up a glucose monitor kit and see if my dear furkid will cooperate. (She's been surprisingly good about getting her shots).
I'll feel better knowing she's OK rather than having to guess.....and there's a lot of reports that suggest if I'm able to get her properly regulated there's a good chance she'll eventually be able to go without insulin completely....and that would certainly make my traveling life easier.
So its a "wonderful Wednesday".....and once again, all is pretty much right at Chez Em.....

No comments:
Post a Comment