I know its not really that bad but it feels like it right about now. Lets start with the furkids. Today I took them both to the vet for a long overdue checkup. That meant loading them into carriers and going for a trip in the car - neither of which is on the feline "good times" list.
Then there was an emergency which had the vet running a bit behind. I let Batcat out of his carrier and he became a must be cuddled lapcat. That would have been fine except that he never ever sits in a lap unless he is completely terrified in which case clouds of fur erupt with every stroke.
Jezebel sat quietly in her carrier - so quiet that I was a bit worried until she decided to bound out of the thing and investigate the doctors countertop......managing to smear herself with petroleum jelly before wedging herself behind the cotton ball dispenser. And of course with my new "lapcat" nailed (or more accurately clawed) to my body, I couldn't do much to stop her.
Eventually both suffered the necessary indignities of an exam, got their shots, and even got their nails trimmed as a "courtesy".....I guess the vet noticed the blood dripping from my arm. Both are healthy although Batcat has gained a bit of weight so I need to cut back on his food. I took them home and headed back to work.
They hate me at work. OK, that IS an exaggeration, but I questioned an assignment that really doesn't belong to me - and after a day and a half of trying to get the folks who should be doing the work to review it......the response was - If I'm really overloaded they'll take it.
I said "Thank you" and handed the paperwork over.......and the look I got tells me they never thought I'd take them up on it. Good thing they only THINK they are superheroes because if they could shoot bullets from their eyes - I'd be dead.
Damn, speaking of a bad day, Jezebel just knocked my glass of wine all over the desk - hang on a second.........
OK - I'm back. Anyhow, I got home from work after a less than stellar day and called for the furkids....Jezebel showed up immediately, but I had a difficult time finding Batcat, and even when he did deign to poke his head out from wherever he was hiding, it was only to make it clear that I should just change the water, put out food and leave because he didn't want to see me.
Wait until he finds out I'm cutting rations......I sure hope HE can't shoot bullets from his eyes.......

Hmm...want to comment, but I'm oddly out of things to say. So I'll insert Bob's comment instead : "Tell her if she lets me cuddle on her lap I won't shed...."
ReplyDeleteI, however, might spill your wine if that happens ;)
Not even going to repeat the vaseline jokes he's making.....
ReplyDeleteROFLMAO - I'm glad you two like me - and I love you both..........I almost spilled my wine reading that by the way.
ReplyDeleteI likes you cuz you're my favoriteist date :D
ReplyDeleteI think there is a moon imbalance or something going on. I know quite a few people who are wanting to shoot daggers at co-workers and/or managers (myself included from today - laughing does not stop me from wanting to smack someone when they say one thing and do another ... where was I?). Maybe mercury is in retrograde again?
That sounds like about what I go through when I take into the vet...and it's just about that time again. Although, I have to defend her...she always leaves the Vaseline for the next furkid :)
ReplyDelete