One is silver and the other, in this case, is tri-color gold.
One of the most awesome things about my friends is that we can kinda pick up where we left off no matter how long its been since we talked. Thats part of the reason that my Myrtle Beach vacation was so awesome....we all just kind of "click".
Anyhow, I noticed a tri-color chain around my friends neck and it made me smile to remember the story behind it - and to smile even more to see that she still treasured the gift.
You see, a number of years ago, this friend was visiting up my way from South Carolina and she fell in love with this gold chain that I was wearing - just a fine twisted tricolor gold chain -- nothing special. After she'd gone home to South Carolina, I happened to go into the same store and I saw the chain again.....so I bought another one and sent it down to her. She was surprised and touched and very thankful, and I was glad to have made her happy. But I never really thought about it again until I saw her and she was wearing that chain......and it was pretty clear that she wears it all the time just the way that I do mine.
Sometimes we have no idea how much impact our actions have.
And then again, sometimes its very clear.
Heres my back yard three years ago - a couple months after I bought my house.
And here is pretty much the same view today
I'd forgotten how it used to look - so right now, once again, I'm smiling with pride at what I've managed....and I think if the trees could, they'd be smiling too.



For the record, I would have worn those wine glasses if I could have :)
ReplyDelete