Why don't I blog like I used to?
I can't count the number of times that I've been sitting at the computer and the thought of blogging has crossed my mind but didn't make it to my fingers.
Part of the reason is Facebook - because there all my friends can stay updated on what I'm doing and what I'm thinking and it seems duplicative (is that a word?) to do the same in a blog.
Part of the reason is perimenopause, which seems to be the catchall description for women of a certain age who can't just gracefully go to the no more "Aunt Flo" stage of life. Yes, I know I should be grateful for continuing to be "regular" with no hot flashes - but the mood swings are pretty hateful...not to mention the "benign cysts" that are of no concern except that they need to be monitored which means more frequent mammograms and a new invasion of privacy -the sonogram.
I know, I should be grateful that medicine has evolved to the point that if I was to develop breast cancer it would likely be no more than a minimal interruption in my life - not the actual end.
And I am grateful, but at the same time frustrated that things I took for granted aren't nearly so easy anymore. My knee starts to worry me about the third game of bowling and I have to pull my reading glasses out a LOT.
There's the PMS kicking in again, sigh. I have so many wonderful things in my life that I need to focus on - but often all I can see is what I don't have. The rational part of Em knows this, but the raging hormonal part just won't let it go.
But eventually, this too shall pass - right?
I can't count the number of times that I've been sitting at the computer and the thought of blogging has crossed my mind but didn't make it to my fingers.
Part of the reason is Facebook - because there all my friends can stay updated on what I'm doing and what I'm thinking and it seems duplicative (is that a word?) to do the same in a blog.
Part of the reason is perimenopause, which seems to be the catchall description for women of a certain age who can't just gracefully go to the no more "Aunt Flo" stage of life. Yes, I know I should be grateful for continuing to be "regular" with no hot flashes - but the mood swings are pretty hateful...not to mention the "benign cysts" that are of no concern except that they need to be monitored which means more frequent mammograms and a new invasion of privacy -the sonogram.
I know, I should be grateful that medicine has evolved to the point that if I was to develop breast cancer it would likely be no more than a minimal interruption in my life - not the actual end.
And I am grateful, but at the same time frustrated that things I took for granted aren't nearly so easy anymore. My knee starts to worry me about the third game of bowling and I have to pull my reading glasses out a LOT.
There's the PMS kicking in again, sigh. I have so many wonderful things in my life that I need to focus on - but often all I can see is what I don't have. The rational part of Em knows this, but the raging hormonal part just won't let it go.
But eventually, this too shall pass - right?

"this too shall pass". You're not old, dear, until you start obsessing over your bowel movements. And you're allowed to not blog, and to be a bit bitchy...I officially give you permission. ;)
ReplyDeleteI just spit soda everywhere with that one.....the bowel obsession - not the permission - that I appreciate :)
ReplyDeletedo your blogs originate on blogger or elewhere? with multiply closing, i'm trying to figure out what site is best
ReplyDelete