Tuesday, August 7, 2012

PMS, Anyone?


This happens to be one of my favorite IPA's but it also accurately describes my attitude this evening.  (sidenote - what is this - cheerleaders at the Olympics?)

Yep , Aunt Flo must be on her way for the 470th time.  OK, so I don't know its exactly the 470th time-  I just did a rough calculation.

But still - there are a LOT of things in my life I haven't done near that many times - like eat crabs or go to the movies.  I know I haven't bought that many pairs of shoes or wallets or handbags or even jeans.

Which led me to calculate that I've probably spent more than fifteen hundred dollars on products to take care of these visits......and another two thousand or more on assorted pain and cramp relievers not to mention the things I've had to replace due to stains, sigh.

And then there's the emotional cost -  the romantic possibilities that didn't occur, the issues with coworkers, and the need to beg for forgiveness from my friends and loved ones - all due to evil hormones.

As I watch NASA and JPL proudly post pictures of the Martian landscape , I have to think that if men menstruated, our brilliant researchers would have found a way to stop it decades ago ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment