Thursday, July 12, 2012

7/12 - Catching up is hard to do


I didn't check to see how long its been since I blogged - but I am sure it's been a while.  It seems like all I did was whine about Dad or about work or about something......and then I eventually got too busy to even do that......

But let me summarize the past few weeks.....

I finished my last class and have my MBA

My dad was released and went home.  He can't walk, but he seems to be managing OK with a wheelchair.....time will tell if he really can live alone long term.

Even better, my brother has stepped up and is taking on a major share of the effort involved in keeping him in his house - he's doing the shopping, making changes to the place to help Dad get
around, and most importantly - he's setting boundaries so Dad doesn't drive either of us nuts.

I had two great short vacations....first I went to Charleston and visited my best friend who bought  condo and needed some help unpacking and making some minor fixes.  We changed out some light fixtures, updated vertical blinds, hung curtains - and the place looks really nice.  Plus it was great to escape from the stress of home and have some quality girl time.

Then I headed out to Indiana to visit my friends Amy and Bob.  I met Amy through an online blogging site a few years ago - she and her husband came out to DC for a couple of days last spring and they had a good enough time to invite me out their way.  The "official" reason for visiting was the Madison Regatta - which involves the fastest powerboats I've ever seen.....kind of like NASCAR on the water.  But there was kayaking and fossilhunting and shopping and grilling.....and I got to meet the ducks and the chickens and the goats and the cats and the bunnies - and Rocky the wonderdog.

Its amazing and wonderful how the internet has helped me meet and become friends with people I would never have come across ordinarily.....and my life is much richer for it.

And so I'm going to try, once again, to do better with my blogging.....

1 comment:

  1. Eek...somehow missed the last few posts! Will have to add a RSS fe

    ReplyDelete