Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thursday Thirteen - things that made me smile


I've done quite a bit of smiling this week and on this dark and rainy evening I thought I'd recall some of them to brighten my night - and hopefully your's as well.

1.  I smiled when I saw the package from Proflowers on my doorstep - my BFF sent them to me for my birthday.

2.  I smiled when I mentioned to a friend that I was determined to see a moose this summer and she replied that she'd always wanted to visit Maine.

3.  I smiled when little IM smiled.....I know babies just "do that randomly" but it doesn't matter....she brightened up my world.

4.  I smiled when I went down to the basement after a day of rain and didn't see any water spots on the floor - maybe the Drilok worked.

5.  I smiled when a coworker came back from visiting "my" dentist and said everyone there made him promise to tell me Hi.

6.  I smiled when I googled DWTS and learned that Nancy Grace was voted off (she really wasn't very good).

7.  I smiled when I opened the box and saw the awesome spinner suitcase my Dad ordered for me.

8.  I smiled after my yearly review - it showed they really appreciate what I do at work.

9.  I smiled when Gov Perry couldn't remember the Department of Energy - I'm sure he's a very nice man, but I do not smile at the idea of another Texas governor in the White House.

10.  I smiled at the chocolate cake (and associated shot) that my son and DIL provided me for my birthday.  And don't let me forget the photo album which I'll fill with little IM pics.

11.  I smiled when I discovered that my friend Carol had sent me a moose from Canada since I didn't get to see one myself when I was there.

12.  I smiled when I was craving meat loaf and mashed potatoes and both were on sale at the local grocery store tonight.  I smiled even more when the meat department guy offered to make me bacon/cheddar burger patties this weekend so I can grill on Sunday.

13.  I smiled when I accidentally discovered a bookcase at Target that makes a perfect wine bar - and it was on sale when I bought it.

I smiled about a lot of other things too..........like sitting in my hottub under the almost full moon and drinking my way through some of the under 10 dollar Italian wine that I stocked up on a few weeks ago and realizing that I'm not on a single prescription medication - which is apparently a bit unusual for the over 50 bunch.

So, what did YOU smile about?

No comments:

Post a Comment