Friday, October 25, 2013

10/25 - There I go - intentions good - implementation bad

I really did intend to blog every week from now on - and I even sat down a couple of times to get started.....but life got in the way.

And when I say life, I can't even excuse myself with exciting or important things - it was just distraction by shiny objects - or the urge to eat ice cream - or something good on TV......the list of mundane interruptions goes on and on and on.

But I'm here now - so let me do my best to at least catch up a bit on my thoughts....

Last weekend I went to the Md Renfest with Steph and her son (who was visiting from southern Virginia).  It's funny - with Steph its entirely a social interaction/party event - you'd think she never got out of the house the way she soaks up as much human contact as she can.....and actually she doesn't get out of the house as much as she probably should).....we didn't watch a single performance, didn't listen to a single musical group, and only stopped in one shop - and that was for her to say hi to a vendor friend.

And yet I don't feel as if I missed anything.....it was still a wonderful experience.  She's one of those people who is everyone's friend - people gravitate towards her and she literally lights up - and with her, so does everyone else around.  I have some other friends with that ability.....its quite amazing.

Jezebel had me worried earlier this week   I noticed that she wasn't excited about eating and she wasn't as social as usual in terms of following me around and hanging out.  BI watch her more closely than I used to., since she's diabetic.   But she seemed better yesterday - her blood sugar was higher than usual, but it dropped like it should - she was back to her annoying self - and I brought home some Sheba which they both wolfed down - so  part of the eating issue was likely food boredom.  Maybe weather changes bother her sinuses the way they do mine....I just hope it was just one of those shortterm things because...

Its less than a week before I head off on vacation - I'll be cleaning house and packing and mowing the grass for possibly the last time this season.  My hot tub still leaks a bit, so I'm going to drain it rather than just turn it off....I've decided I'll attempt the repair myself (I'm hoping its just a seal).....worst that can happen is I gum it up and have to call in the professionals.  (that's assuming there are professionals out there somewhere, lol). I bought new curtains for my living room.....to go a bit better with the new rug I am so excited about....and who knows, perhaps my home improvement urges have returned.  I certainly hope they have as I've been spending way too much time sitting on my butt rather than doing useful things.

And then there's vacation - this one is all about relaxing and spending time with friends.....including some that I haven't seen in a couple of years.  There's a total of 12 of us in an informal "group"  I know eight of them and the rest are friends of friends so I'm sure it will work out just fine.  I'll spend a couple of days in Charleston visiting with my BFF and then we are off on the Carnival Fantasy for a week of mindless fun in (hopefully) the sun. This is not the ship or the cruise itinerary I would have chosen for myself - but it really is all about the friends and the relaxation...and speaking of relaxing

The high point of this adventure will probably be the villa we've rented on Half Moon Cay.

Awesome enough to have all this for our group (and it includes a bathroom)....but even better - check this out.


Yep - it comes with a hot tub....I think this is definitely going to be a splurge to remember.



And with that, my lunch has arrived - eggdrop soup and an eggroll - not the best choice but I didn't pack anything....and I'll settle for salad tonight to make up for it.

Hope everyone out there has a wonderful weekend......


No comments:

Post a Comment