Sunday, July 15, 2012

7/15 - Battle of the Birdfeeder



Round 1 goes to either the deer or the squirrels - I'm pretty sure a deer pulled the feeder off the tree - but the squirrels definitely gnawed their way in once it hit the ground.  So, it was off to Lowes to buy another one. I did manage to keep this one safe for two years so I bought the same model again....but this time I added some deer/squirrel/raccoon repellant - we'll see if that helps deter the woodland critters.

Yesterday was clean the house day - something overdue since I had been out of town two of three weekends and the other I was powerless for much of it.  I forget how satisfying it is to wake up in fresh sheets and beautiful surroundings and discover I'm in my own home rather than a hotel or a friend's guest room.

And today was clean the outdoors day.  Granted it was a bit muggy, but I got the backyard mowed, the collected branches chipped, and the roses/flowers cut back before the storm hit.  Not that it's really a storm - some thunder and a bit of rain....unfortunately I don't think it will amount to much and we really do need rain.

I also found time to get my hair cut....paint my nails....and book a September flight to Charleston for a beach adventure with my BFF thanks to an awesome Southwest sale.




2 comments:

  1. I just double-checked and none of these posts showed up in my multiply feed. I've add this Blogger to my RSS feed so I get notified from now on. Here i thought you completely quit blogging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Multiply stopped letting me crosspost, sigh....

      Delete