Sunday, December 4, 2011

December 4th - Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree


A few years ago I decided I'd had enough of the hassle of a live tree and went with artificial.  It was tough to give up the tradition of going out and picking a tree, bringing it home, and having the house smell deliciously of evergreen - but between having cats (whose nature is to think of trees as things to climb) and not having kids at home - it was time for a change.

And because I have a small house, I went with a small tree.  Every year I worry about whether or I'll have enough room for all my ornaments, and every year amazingly enough I have plenty of space.  Of course last year I gave my son all of "his" ornaments - the "first christmas", etc etc....and that helped a bit.

At some point after I started travelling, I realized that Christmas ornaments make wonderful momentos of my trips.  They are generally inexpensive and don't take up a lot of room in a crowded suitcase.....and it always makes me smile as I trim the tree and remember my adventures.

And there certainly were a lot of adventures in 2011 - Arizona with Amy,  my Dream cruise to the Western Caribbean with a visit to Cape Canaveral, Seattle with Lisa and Carol who then showed me a bit of British Columbia, Watkins Glen with my brother, Nova Scotia and Newfoundland with John and Lorel, London and Salisbury with Belinda, and finally the awesome European Magic cruise with Judy. 

Wow - I really did cover a lot of ground this year and enjoyed every moment of it thanks in no small part to my wonderful friends.  I can't wait to see what 2012 brings....







No comments:

Post a Comment