Thursday, August 1, 2013

8/1/13 Thursday Thirteen

8

An attempt to start blogging more regularly again....lets start with a random Thursday Thirteen.....

1.  Haagen-Dazs has come out with a gelato that rocks......its so rich and yummy that I'm content with just a single scoop.....and that's a first for me.

2.  I'm doing pretty well with my resolution to do mani-pedi's more often - its been three weeks - but I couldn't get an afternoon off - I'll be catching up on that as well as getting my hair cut tomorrow afternoon.

3.  There's been a LOT of press about boycotting the next Summer Olympics because of Russia's anti gay laws....but I've been having a difficult time finding out exactly what those laws entail - and I like to know the truth of what I'm declaring myself against.

4.  I visited some battlefields near Fredericksburg with my friend Pete and his son last weekend - we went to the place where Stonewall Jackson died....incredibly they had the actual bedframe and one of the blankets used to cover him.

5.  The Civil War is something I just don't understand.  Not the war part - I get that - but why it was necessary to defeat the Confederacy rather than just allowing them to become a separate country?

6.  I think about that question surprisingly often these days because our country is dramatically divided in many ways and there doesn't seem to be any compromise happening - wouldn't it be better for us to just split into two countries?

7.  Four weeks from now I willl be in Honolulu...well "from right now" I'll actually be on a plne getting ready to land at HNL.....I'm very excited, especially since the prices went down and I was able to afford an oceanview instead of an inside cabin.....and a real big window with a view- not just a porthole for light.

8.  My dieting isn't going well at all....I am not gaining weight, but I'm also not losing it - and since its summertime when I tend to lose - if I don't get my act together its going to be really unpleasant facing the scale and my yearly exam come next winter.

9.  Little IM is going to be two this month - they do grow up fast.  I got a FB invite to her birthday party but I'm assuming  it was a mistake because it appeared yesterday and that's also the date listed for the party.   I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do- last year was uncomfortable for me  - this time around I know where I stand with my son and that makes it even more awkward.

10.  The heat wave broke and its been quite pleasant here, dropping into the 70s in the evenings.  I made it out to the deck with a glass of wine a couple of times this week and was reminded of exactly why I bought this house....I love the back yard.

11.  I have had problems because I had two different Google accounts - one linked to my Hotmail and one linked to Gmail.  To fix things I had to go back to factory setting on my phone which made me lose all my contacts, sigh.  But on the positive side, while hunting down replacement apps I found some cool new things to load.

12.  I've had problems with my tomato plants - I had some fruit early, but they stopped blossoming and the only one still producing is the cherry tomato plant.  I had a few cucumbers and a couple of peppers, but not as much as I was expecting.....still have to see how the summer squash comes out.  But I'll definitely have to do things differently next year.

13,  Hmmm - for starting out so well - I'm afraid I've run out of steam and I've got nuthin......


Besides I have a cat on my desk and its hard to type and pet at the same time...


 

2 comments:

  1. you tease...you're not even going to share teh name of the flavor of gelatto?!!!?

    ReplyDelete