Its been quite a week.........I don't think I"ll get to Thirteen, but lets see what I manage.....
My friend Stephanie recommended a really good mechanic - I put my car in because of a clunk when I turned hard and some squeaky spring noises when I hit the brakes. Turns out I had a broken swaybar (that's the clunk) and bad front brake rotors. The rotor part troubles me because my tire place told me my brakes were bad and replaced them about 12,000 miles ago. I'm pretty sure they didn't do the job right for me to be having troubles agian so soon. But on the bright side, I really like these folks and my Outlander is riding great just in time for....
The snow storm that really wasn't. Predictions called for six inches or more of snow - and not fun snow - the slushy heavy stuff that is a pain to clear. Fortunately the temperatures were a bit warmer than anticipated so although we had snow early, it quickly switched to rain and didn't even freeze on the roads.
Even more fortunately, most of the offices around here had closed or were offering liberal leave so I was able to work from home, which was actually quite nice.
And then same friend Stephanie happened to be working from home as well, so we went out for a very nice lunch at TGIFridays....and she paid :).
Today I got a call from the periodontist - they had a cancellation so I was able to get my cleaning and checkup. The good news is that for the first time ever, I didn't have any trouble spots of gum disease.....the more frequent exams and gum surgeries appear to have worked. I do have a damaged root canal that doesn't hurt, but could break at some point and/or get infected and cause problems so I'm going to get an implant. First step is pulling the tooth next month - fortunately its a molar so it won't be an obvious gap, because it has to stay gone for quite a while to ensure that everything is healed up well enough for the implant surgery. I know its not going to be cheap, but I have good dental insurance which will help. And every time I see my dad's denture slip I'm reminded how much better it is to take care of and keep your own teeth.
Jezebel my diabetic kitty is doing well - she's gained some weight back - in fact, I need to watch to make sure she doesn't gain too much weight. I wish I could say she was off insulin, but I think there's still a long road ahead for us - but I'm getting more comfortable with giving injections and gaining a better understanding of where her blood glucose should be and how I can help it get there...so we'll see what the next month brings.
There's more I could probably write, but I'm kind of tired and the hot tub is calling my name...
Wishing all of you a great weekend ahead.
My friend Stephanie recommended a really good mechanic - I put my car in because of a clunk when I turned hard and some squeaky spring noises when I hit the brakes. Turns out I had a broken swaybar (that's the clunk) and bad front brake rotors. The rotor part troubles me because my tire place told me my brakes were bad and replaced them about 12,000 miles ago. I'm pretty sure they didn't do the job right for me to be having troubles agian so soon. But on the bright side, I really like these folks and my Outlander is riding great just in time for....
The snow storm that really wasn't. Predictions called for six inches or more of snow - and not fun snow - the slushy heavy stuff that is a pain to clear. Fortunately the temperatures were a bit warmer than anticipated so although we had snow early, it quickly switched to rain and didn't even freeze on the roads.
Even more fortunately, most of the offices around here had closed or were offering liberal leave so I was able to work from home, which was actually quite nice.
And then same friend Stephanie happened to be working from home as well, so we went out for a very nice lunch at TGIFridays....and she paid :).
Today I got a call from the periodontist - they had a cancellation so I was able to get my cleaning and checkup. The good news is that for the first time ever, I didn't have any trouble spots of gum disease.....the more frequent exams and gum surgeries appear to have worked. I do have a damaged root canal that doesn't hurt, but could break at some point and/or get infected and cause problems so I'm going to get an implant. First step is pulling the tooth next month - fortunately its a molar so it won't be an obvious gap, because it has to stay gone for quite a while to ensure that everything is healed up well enough for the implant surgery. I know its not going to be cheap, but I have good dental insurance which will help. And every time I see my dad's denture slip I'm reminded how much better it is to take care of and keep your own teeth.
Jezebel my diabetic kitty is doing well - she's gained some weight back - in fact, I need to watch to make sure she doesn't gain too much weight. I wish I could say she was off insulin, but I think there's still a long road ahead for us - but I'm getting more comfortable with giving injections and gaining a better understanding of where her blood glucose should be and how I can help it get there...so we'll see what the next month brings.
There's more I could probably write, but I'm kind of tired and the hot tub is calling my name...
Wishing all of you a great weekend ahead.
Glad to hear that all is well at Chez Em ... that the broken is being fixed and that Jezebel is doing so well.
ReplyDelete