I'm wondering if I live in the smash and grab capital of the free world as over the weekend I noticed four different vehicles with broken windows....a couple fixed with plastic - a couple just left open to the breeze.
I'm also wondering what sort of trap I should buy to kill my resident mole. I'm thinking a cheap one because although I will manage to pull up the trap with the dead thing in it - I'm not sure that I'm up to the actual removal of dead thing from trap. In my world, its easiest to let the dead things lie until they disappear naturally....those deer bones I blogged about a year or so ago - and the dead woodpecker I found in the fall have both vanished to wherever such things go....
Seems I spoke too soon - just went outside to pick up some branches down by the creek and I came across some bones - I "think" they are likely deer vertebrae.
It was so gorgeous I went ahead and bought some pansies for a planter out front....probably much too early....but I donated a dollar to either MS or MDA (don't recall which they were sponsoring this month) hoping karma will give me a break.
Then I was craving Chipotles, but I stopped off at Safeway first and ended up deciding I could do just fine working with what I already had at home and a few odds and ends......so I took the money I would have spent for that lunch and bought a "bag of groceries" which is their current charity promotion.
I kind of like that idea, actually......I mean I am not rich by any means, but I have what I need and enough more to treat myself well....skipping one lunch out means nothing to me but it could make a big difference to a family living on the edge.
Sides, I really do love tuna fish sandwiches.....
The time change has me needing a nap - or maybe its the wine I have been drinking (Sobon Vicious Zin)....in any case, I'm going to go watch the race from a reclinng position for a bit ;) Hope you all had a great weekend.

I think you're probably safe on your pansies. They're a bit tougher than you'd think and so long as we do not have hard freezes, they should be fine.
ReplyDeleteGood to know - I think we're likely past hard freezes but I generally don't do anything before April. I discovered a few croci (is that the plural of crocus) scattered about the back yard which is kind of neat and theres going to be a full wave of daffodils down at the creek in a week or two......
Deletecareful of that reclining position during the race ..... leads to missed laps...
ReplyDeleteLOL Walt- it did.....
DeleteI love those words hard frost...reminds me of my late great aunt jeanne. She was a farmer and the conversation was all about weather...
ReplyDelete