Sunday, December 5, 2010

December 5th


And so another weekend draws to a close.  Its cold and windy outside....been cold all day but it turns bitter when the sun goes down.  I got my tree out and put it up but probably won't decorate it until tomorrow so that the furkids get a chance to get used to it (and hopefully don't knock it over)....and so that I can relax and enjoy looking at the ornaments and remembering the experiences associated with them.  And it might even give me something to blog.

The tree will look a bit different this year because I passed on all of my son's ornaments to him as I packed the tree up in January - thinking that it was time for them to become part of his house and family.  I also gave them a lot of Christmas decorations that I didn't need telling them to keep what they wanted and donate the rest.  I did keep some things that are up now....but this house just seems to work best with a theme of less is more. 
I went over to the kids house today to drop off my old hot tub (they are going to try to fix that pesky leak) and I saw a familiar spray of greenery on their front door...it was cool to see that it had found a new place and it looked great.

Then I bribed my friend Rick (the guy with the truck that delivered the hot tub)with an offer of lunch at Ikea, and where I managed to score some inexpensive decorated gift bags and notecards that should make wrapping easier.  They were marked down - for whatever reason Ikea used themes of blue stars and red hearts - neither of which is very Christmasy in the US.....but there were silver bags with angels and that should do just fine.

Ikea was crowded, but then every place is crowded this time of year.  I love to shop - but I do NOT enjoy sharing that experience with lots of people.  So I think the balance of my gifting is going to be done online.  (Who am I kidding - I haven't bought a single present yet - the only ones I have are some that I bought on clearance last year to be office gifts this year).

Guess I'd best quit blogging and start buying.

No comments:

Post a Comment