Saturday, July 2, 2011

7/2/11 Time is funny


Time flies or it crawls depending on whether you are doing or waiting to do.....and I really noticed that this week as I prepared for my trip to Seattle and BC.

You see, I hadn't done laundry or cleaned house or begun to pack, and every day that passed I got more and more stressed about everything that wasn't done.  Yet for some reason, I just couldn't bring myself to do much beyond the bare minimum of schoolwork, pet parenting, exercise class, visiting parent, and eating dinner....I was in bed early every night and still felt tired the next morning.  I'll chalk it up to just one of those mood swing things.

But of course as I sit here now with two hours to go before I leave - the house is clean, the autofeeder/waterer is set up, I'm all packed and ready to roll.....so time is crawling. 

(although I just realized that I probably ought to see about getting the mail stopped rather than having the neighbor kid grab it)..excuse me for a sec.

OK, I'm back.  And then as I started thinking some more about time - I have to confess that I have things in my closet that  when I take the time to remember when I bought them - some are as much as 10 years old.  And yet they don't seem old to me.

Or take my exBF - who called and left a message Fathers Day weekend and then happened to leave another message last night and that one I called him back because he was actually trying to bribe me by asking me out for dinner or something,  (Don't worry - I didn't agree to anything - just told him I'd call when I got back from this trip - and I probably won't)

And when I think about it - it does seem a lifetime ago that we dated - but it wasn't quite that long - it was the same 10 years old as some of my clothes.

Yes, time is a strange thing to me.

How do you find it - does it pass quickly or slowly or differently depending?

No comments:

Post a Comment