Drunk dialing is a pop-culture term denoting an instance in which an intoxicated individual places phone calls that he or she would not likely place if sober. The term often refers to a lonely individual calling former or current love interests.
You wanna guess who drunk-dialed me last night? At least it was only 10 pm - not 2 am......but as I discovered when I looked back at my old Multiply blogs - even two years and five months later the song remains the same.
What didn't remain the same was my reaction to it. I rather enjoyed the apologies......acknowledged that he did screw up the best thing that had ever happened to him.....but then pointed out that it was for the best as we would never have lasted seeing as we have such different interests. I assured him that I wasn't bitter - congratulated him on his new car (He bought a Honda Civic if I remember right) and a new job somewhere near Baltimore's Inner Harbor.
And I have to confess that Evil Em quite enjoyed the feeling of superiority that she got from the conversation......he's a sad and lonely man while I've got a pretty damn good life going.
Will he call again? I don't know and I don't care - but for last night, it was kind of nice to think of myself as the prize that got away :)

I have been on that receiving end many times, not always with the same outcome... usually it was a very loud string of expletives and the times it wasn't it probably should have been
ReplyDeleteLOL - the trick is that when I get phone calls late I'm generally half asleep and its such a surprise that I am left without words for a bit. I do think that a string of expletives is a perfectly acceptable reply to drunk dialing as is not answering the phone at all. In fact, he may have assumed I wouldn't answer if I recognized the number as I noticed he didn't use his home #.
ReplyDeleteI'd drunk dial you too hunny :) but can't see the numbers to press when intoxicated...
ReplyDeleteI tried to comment on this a few times and blogger is being a nasty varmint.
ReplyDeleteI still say great props for being "the one that got away" ... even if you had to be drunk dialed to be reminded.
--Stephanie (who is still having problems commenting **sigh**)